PDA

View Full Version : Ethernet Module Set-up

taxman95
09/02/2010, 09:20 PM
I've had my module set up and running for some time but just added a Windows Home server to my network.

My issue is that the WHS remote access it appears uses port 80 so when I tried to access my controller today it went to my server rather than the Aqutronica.

The manual for the Ethernet Module seems to indicate you can set it to use a different port but I can't see how to set that up.

Does anybody know how to change this in the Aquatronica unit?

Paradiddle7
09/08/2010, 11:22 AM
You might need to do it through the PC software.

RobbyG
09/09/2010, 05:41 PM
correct, use the PC software

taxman95
09/15/2010, 09:08 PM
Thanks for the replies.

I found the settings through the software but couldn't get it to work. When I changed the setting in software to anything other than port 80 I couldn't access the controller. That includes my internal network not the external access so its not a setting in the router with the port forwarding

Paradiddle7
09/16/2010, 12:08 AM
You obviously try resetting the ethernet module after saving the new settings, just in case it needed to reboot with the new port. I have never been able to get my ethernet module working and I've tried 2 of them. Now that I tried again (as I am travelling more) it won't even light up. TBH, at a cost of $179 to replace it, the DA RKE is looking more and more appealing, as I'm sure the software is better, probes are cheaper, development continues at a good pace and popularity is increasing. I can probably sell my AT stuff and pay for a full setup.