PDA

View Full Version : No Sound from Apex

dorian
09/03/2010, 01:58 PM
Neptonians please help. My Apex refuses to talk to me. I can't seem to make it beep, chirp, and/or play sound. I've enabled the option to beep on key press. Also, created a simple loop for the alerts/warnings

Set OFF
OSC 000:10/000:10/000:10 Then ON

I do see the status display icon change from on to off but still no sound.. I recently updated to the latest firmware could this be the cause of the malfunction.
:hmm3:

kenargo
09/03/2010, 05:18 PM
Just out of curiosity; does the display module status report OK or OLD? If it reports OLD then you should update the display and retest but if it still makes no sounds contact Neptune ([email protected]).

dorian
09/04/2010, 08:32 AM
Yes it did display old, and I did update the display unit but still no sound, must be a bad part. Hopefully, it will not take long to resolve.

dorian
09/04/2010, 08:38 AM
Thanks for the response Kenargo. Would anyone happen to know the location of internal speaker?

aquamanic
09/06/2010, 04:59 PM
dorian - check that you have a sound selected. some are louder than others. you do this from the display module: Setup - Sound Setup - Alarm Sound, also Warning Sound. When you toggle through them they will play. Make sure that's working.

dorian
09/26/2010, 08:11 AM
Appreciate the help, my display unit was defective and apparently easy to fix as it was repaired and returned within a week.

coffeenut
09/29/2010, 08:39 AM
dorian - check that you have a sound selected. some are louder than others. you do this from the display module: Setup - Sound Setup - Alarm Sound, also Warning Sound. When you toggle through them they will play. Make sure that's working.

I dont see the option for setup/sound setup...???
ok its under system/sound setup..thanks..