PDA

View Full Version : drilling factor stand for GFO

Mrbeachbum2
09/04/2010, 03:18 PM
I want to mount my GFO reactor to my stand.

Would I be better off drilling the stand with 2 holes to support the GFO reactor OR drilling 4 holes and adding a 2 x 4 to support it? I assume I'll need a pilot hole to do either one. I plan to put it to the right of the skimmer. The maxijet will be in the middle chamber. I just dont want to void warrant or the integrity of the stand.

http://i887.photobucket.com/albums/ac78/mrbeachbum2/DSC_0764.jpg

Sisterlimonpot
09/04/2010, 09:19 PM
Not quite sure what you mean by drilling holes.... How big are these holes going to be? Are you going to just attach the reactor to the stand with screws? Are you concerned with ruining the structural integrity of the stand and that's why you don't want to "drill the holes"?

And what size tank do you have?

Mrbeachbum2
09/04/2010, 10:27 PM
Not quite sure what you mean by drilling holes.... How big are these holes going to be? Are you going to just attach the reactor to the stand with screws? Are you concerned with ruining the structural integrity of the stand and that's why you don't want to "drill the holes"?

And what size tank do you have?

I meant a few holes to mount the reactor. I think I may just end up putting it in the water portion of the sump.

Mrbeachbum2
09/04/2010, 10:28 PM
75G tank. I figured drilling a pilot hole and placing screws to mount the reactor may increase the odds of splitting the wood (hence destroying the wood).

Mavrk
09/04/2010, 10:39 PM
It looks like there is room to hang it on the back of the sump. Wouldn't that be easier? Or would it be to hard to access?

Sisterlimonpot
09/05/2010, 11:06 AM
I don't think attaching it to the stand is going to hurt anything.

Mrbeachbum2
09/05/2010, 11:08 AM
I think i'll try to hang it on the back or the sump or just set it in the sump. I'm not sure if I want to drill the stand, yet. I wonder what type of bracked I could rig up to hang the reactor.

neoalchemist74
09/05/2010, 01:06 PM
Concider it will be one more thing to leak on your floor if its not contained in the sump and there's a problem

Mrbeachbum2
09/05/2010, 04:12 PM
Good call neoalchemist! Thanks everyone.