PDA

View Full Version : tempered bottom Lee-Mar??

NaClH2O Getaway
09/04/2010, 10:02 PM
:hmm5:Good evening fellow reef cental community. My girlfriend was out this morning and eyed a used tank setup at a local yard sale came home all excited knowing I am in the process of building my 32 inch Lee-Mar starfire cube and looking for a nice display refugium to put on the other side of the wall. So we go to check it out and its also a Lee-Mar 30x18x12 (around 28 US gal) so I score it for $40 with stand and an eclipse hood (not crazy about the hood) and I need to drill the bottom for the overflow back to the DT sump. As I (and apparently no one else) can't find any cust support online, I need to find out if the bottom pane is tempered or not before I kill this good looking tank.. maybe if any of you guys FROM Lee-Mar can chime in? I'd hate to have someone say "i dont think so" only to own a tank that won't hold water anymore :hmm5: so give it to me straight......to drill or not to drill??

Thanx cant wait to get this build underway!!

NaClH2O Getaway
09/08/2010, 08:56 PM
Posted this late on a holiday weekend so bump for anyone with input..anyone? anything??

Thanx

RokleM
09/09/2010, 08:25 AM
Best person to answer is going to be the manufacture. Anything from us is hearsay or speculation. If you can find a number, I'd give them a call.

NaClH2O Getaway
09/10/2010, 08:37 PM
anyone know the customer service number for Lee-Mar? I couldnt find one on the tank and a google search come up with a million different numbers

Kalakuhan
09/11/2010, 01:21 PM
hitching along.

How can you tell whether a tank is a lee mar??

jim.l
09/11/2010, 01:47 PM
This seems to be their corporate cust serice site

http://leemarpet.com/mpc/docs/Site/Contact%20Us.html

NaClH2O Getaway
09/11/2010, 06:31 PM
hitching along.

How can you tell whether a tank is a lee mar??

I got lucky enough that the guy that I bought it from left the sticker on the front (dont ask me why)

NaClH2O Getaway
09/11/2010, 06:41 PM
This seems to be their corporate cust serice site

http://leemarpet.com/mpc/docs/Site/Contact%20Us.html

Thanx Jim, I will be sending them an email here shortly..

NaClH2O Getaway
10/16/2010, 06:55 PM
For anyone still tagging along or just joining in, the bottom of this particular tank was not tempered. I successfully drilled it this weekend and now I'm getting ready to go forward with the build. Pix to follow on a separate post.

Thanx for all the help