PDA

View Full Version : RBTA Questions

Beblebe
09/06/2010, 08:55 AM
Last night I received a lot of stuff from a fellow reefer. His tank had 15-20 RBTAs in it, and I was lucky enough to receive one. I put it in the tank last night and when I woke up he went into hiding in a low light, low flow area (He was in a low flow area in the other reefer's tank though). Will he move to an area with more light? He's jammed into a crevice under two rocks (hard to explain)and how do I look and see if he's alright or needs help? Or will I know if he's in trouble by the smell? He said I don't need to feed it. Is this true because a lot of people say you have to feed them? I'll post a pic if he ever moves, he had a great color and was healty.

mcfeefer
09/06/2010, 09:31 AM
Do not worry your bt will pick the spot that it is most happy with, you will not be able to put it where you want. I have had them for years, when it finds the perfect spot it will stay put. When it is ready to split it will move but when it is done it will return to its original spot. You do not have to feed it but it will like it if you do, once a week will be plenty. Try silversides,small pieces of cocktail shrimp raw, mysis shrimp. I wouldnt feed until it finds a spot . Good luck with your rbta they are a beautiful addition to a tank.

Beblebe
09/06/2010, 02:34 PM
The anemone has come out half way, I'll try and get a pic of it. Thanks mcfeefer.