PDA

View Full Version : DC8 Question: Are uncontrolled outlets usable?

KMP
09/06/2010, 03:10 PM
I'm planning the electrical system for my new tank and will incorporate an ACJr and two DC8s. I will need a total of 15 outlets for the equipment; some of which will need to be controlled - others do not need to be controlled.

My question, since the ACJr will only control 12 outlets and I'm running two DC8s, can I use the reamining 4 for equipment that does not need to be controlled?

schwaggs
09/06/2010, 04:02 PM
Sure, just program the unused outlets to be always on. Just make sure you don't overload the outlet's current carrying capacity.

KMP
09/06/2010, 05:58 PM
OK - apprecaite the comment and sometimes I can over think things so the simplest of ideas take a while to register. That said, if you can only program 12 outlets with the ACJr then how would I program the remaining 4 to be on always?

kenargo
09/06/2010, 06:17 PM
Since you have an AC3 Jr you are limited to 12 programmed timers; the means that the additional 4 unused timers cannot be added to the controller and will not be able to turn them on so they will not be useful.

KMP
09/13/2010, 07:32 AM
kengro, thanks for taking the time to answer my question. just so happens, i have an extra ac jr so i guess i'll run dual controllers - one for each dc8. was hoping to cut down on cords and extra powerstrips but it's not important enough to me to spend another $300+ for a more expensive controller.