PDA

View Full Version : Need Quick Answer/Help

Airborne
09/07/2010, 10:08 AM
I noticed small patches on my Red Table Planet. I called my LFS they said flatworms. Then they said to dip in Sea Chem Reef Dip then Revive then Saltwater. So I followed the instructions and used only 1/4 of the called for dose. On both products.

So I diped only leaving in the solution for 2 minutes instaed of the prescribed 5 minutes.

Needless to say, I lost 5 maybe 6 acros. They turned completely white. I noticed that the ones that did not are turning white slowly. Should I cut off a piece of the colored part towards the tips and glue onto another rock?

I'm ****ed that I lost this many acro's. Before this been running for 1 year and have never lost a single acro.

Thanks

GhostCon1
09/07/2010, 10:13 AM
Frag some healthy parts off if you are worried about losing the whole piece.

scrapz
09/07/2010, 10:31 AM
sea chem is very harsh. I would recommend only using revive next time.

Airborne
09/07/2010, 10:34 AM
Found that out the hard way. I think that my LFS should be responsbile for the bad advice.

GhostCon1
09/07/2010, 01:46 PM
Found that out the hard way. I think that my LFS should be responsbile for the bad advice.

It's a LFS... haven't you been here long enough to know not to take their word as the final fact? :p :reading:

I really wish the stores in this hobby cared more about the animals and not making a quick buck. Or, if they don't know something, don't make up answers and just throw them around.

njhcnwk
09/07/2010, 05:11 PM
Trim off the bad parts and save face. It really sucks, i just had to do that to a bunch of my colonies.