PDA

View Full Version : Distilled water

garyw68
09/07/2010, 09:43 PM
Hey Jim - I feel silly asking this question but I wanted to know is RO/DI water the same as distilled water? My wife is a dentist here in houston and she needs distilled water for several things like sterilization and to operate some of her equipment. I was wanting to put a RO/DI unit in her office so the staff can make distilled water at anytime. thanks in advance.

Thefilterguys
09/07/2010, 11:25 PM
Gary I am unsure of the answer I think you need to ask someone in the dental trade. I did some research and couldn't find a clear answer.

Jim

garyw68
09/08/2010, 08:44 AM
Jim – I apologize. In no way am I asking you if RO/DI water will work in my wife’s office and in no way would I hold you accountable by what you told me. I guess what I should have asked you was what are the similarities between RO/DI and distilled water? I did a little research online as well but I just wanted to hear your opinion.

thanks

Thefilterguys
09/08/2010, 02:27 PM
No apologizes necessary just didn't want you to think my answer was an absolute fact. I feel the waters are near the same however you know what your producing with RO/DI. Distilled water can be a question mark as far as purity as with all bottled waters. Our systems are used by companies and rated very high for quality.

Jim

garyw68
09/09/2010, 05:06 AM
thanks jim