PDA

View Full Version : what are some other popular online fish stores?

geaux xman
09/08/2010, 08:33 AM
besides liveaquaria

thanks...

chimmike
09/08/2010, 09:32 AM
did you visit any of the fine vendors on here?

crvz
09/08/2010, 09:52 AM
bluezooaquatics and vividaquariums are probably the only other two I'd visit.

theatrus
09/08/2010, 10:51 AM
I assume you mean for livestock?

James404
09/08/2010, 11:01 AM
For dry goods: bulkreefsupply.com, marinedepot.com, reefspecialty.com, reefgeek.com

For Livestock: Liveaquaria.com, Bluezooaquatics.com, Alantisaquarium.net

Michael
09/08/2010, 11:04 AM
did you visit any of the fine vendors on here?

good point mike, rc has some great vendors.

RickySan
09/08/2010, 11:19 AM
saltwaterfish.com ??

Mavrk
09/08/2010, 11:28 AM
good point mike, rc has some great vendors.

Yes, but personal experience from the vendors is also a good thing. I personally would avoid Reef Hot Spot except for the WYSIWYG section. But maybe I was unique in my bad experience with them (didn't buy corals, only fish, anemone, and some CUC). The ones mentioned above have been referenced before as good vendors.

Michael
09/08/2010, 11:39 AM
Yes, but personal experience from the vendors is also a good thing. I personally would avoid Reef Hot Spot except for the WYSIWYG section. But maybe I was unique in my bad experience with them (didn't buy corals, only fish, anemone, and some CUC). The ones mentioned above have been referenced before as good vendors.

agreed, but if you dont like some of the vendors on here, then let them know in their forum, not the new to the hobby, im sure rc would remove any vendors who didnt live up to their promises, and vendors who are not sponsors shouldnt get publicity imo, its not fair on the vendors who pay for the site fees.

Mavrk
09/08/2010, 11:50 AM
agreed, but if you dont like some of the vendors on here, then let them know in their forum, not the new to the hobby, im sure rc would remove any vendors who didnt live up to their promises, and vendors who are not sponsors shouldnt get publicity imo, its not fair on the vendors who pay for the site fees.

The question was asking for recommended online fish stores. I was merely giving my personal recommendations. I also see no reason to limit answers to sponsors. They pay for advertisement on the site and they receive it.