PDA

View Full Version : Program for 2 MP40 to cut and paste

dcforester1
09/08/2010, 08:02 PM
I have 2 MP40 that I finally have up and running with the WMX. I tried to use the program in the manual but its not working. Could someone please cut and paste there program here so I can set these up??????

Thanks Derek

milkman55
09/08/2010, 08:15 PM
It's not quite that easy.

You need to setup outlets and profiles for the MP40's.

I setup a Profile for each Vortech mode you plan to use and then call that Profile from the Outlet setup.

aquamanic
09/08/2010, 08:50 PM
Derek - take a look at pages 59 - 60 of the User Guide. It takes you through defining a profile and assigning it to an outlet program. That should get you going.

dcforester1
09/08/2010, 08:54 PM
Thanks Guys I have them set up but I have typed these word for word and still no luck. I have been at this for 2 days staight so maybe I need a break. Alan thanks for the help last night. I was on the phone with Neptune about 10 times today. Its up and running, but I want to get these programmed.

Thanks Derek

aquamanic
09/08/2010, 09:09 PM
Here's a program for one of my pumps:

Set ReefCres
If Outlet Rt_Halide = OFF Then Lagoon
If FeedC 000 Then OFF
If FeedD 000 Then Nutrient
If FeedA 001 Then OFF

Here's the Lagoon profile:

Name: Lagoon
Profile Type: VorTech
Type: Lagoon Random
Maximum Intensity: 30

If that doesn't work then you're programming the wrong outlet. Remember that the pump outlets are virtual outlets. If you are using an EB8 outlet for the power supply (not necessary in my opinion) that is NOT the outlet you want to program. The outlet you want should be named something like 'Vortech_3_2'.

dcforester1
09/08/2010, 09:21 PM
Wow I just got the latest ver of the User guide and I see what you mean. Thanks for the help, and the manual you have really clears it up

dcforester1
09/08/2010, 09:22 PM
I have 2 Mp 40s and I only see one when I am setting up the profile. Is that all that shows?

How do I get them to anti sync?

Can you just write a statment and have the whole thing anti sync? or do you have to make all the profiles anti sync that you want to use?

aquamanic
09/09/2010, 12:06 PM
I have 2 Mp 40s and I only see one when I am setting up the profile. Is that all that shows?

Do you have both declared as virtual outlets? You should see them in your Status All webpage.

How do I get them to anti sync?

Define a profile called 'antisync', set the max intensity and pick the proper pump to be the master. Then in the outlet program for the pump you want to antisync, invoke that newly created 'antisync' profile. Do this with the SET or IF TIME command usually but other commands will work as well.

Can you just write a statment and have the whole thing anti sync? or do you have to make all the profiles anti sync that you want to use?

A single antisync profile will work with any mode that uses antisync. Same is true with the sync mode.

dcforester1
09/09/2010, 07:01 PM
Do you have both declared as virtual outlets? You should see them in your Status All webpage.

I have both of them as virtual outlets

Define a profile called 'antisync', set the max intensity and pick the proper pump to be the master. Then in the outlet program for the pump you want to antisync, invoke that newly created 'antisync' profile. Do this with the SET or IF TIME command usually but other commands will work as well.

Do you make a profile anti sync, and then for every mode you do for the slave, have a anti sync command against it?

IE

Pump 1 Pump2

Lagoon 2-4 if lagoon then profile "anti sync"
Reefcrst 4-8 if Reefcrst then profile "anti sync"

Is this the general idea? Im confused, in case you couldnt tell already:confused:

A single antisync profile will work with any mode that uses antisync. Same is true with the sync mode.

Thanks again

dcforester1
09/11/2010, 09:01 PM
What is auto tune, and how do you do it? I have seen it mentioned in the manual, but dont get it.

Thanks Derek

If I want the second one to sync, or anti sync, do I just put that profile for the full time the other one is programed?

If one has 6 profiles thru out the day, do I put the other one as sync Set On?

aquamanic
09/12/2010, 06:51 AM
What is auto tune

It's a mode not supported by the WMX module where you can easily tune wave heights in your tank.

If I want the second one to sync, or anti sync, do I just put that profile for the full time the other one is programed?

Exactly.

If one has 6 profiles thru out the day, do I put the other one as sync Set On?

Actually you would use (assuming your anti sync profile was called 'Antisync')

Set Antisync

dcforester1
09/12/2010, 06:27 PM
I cannot get the MP40 to go into feed mode. I made my profiles and they work, but they dont on feed times.

If FeedA 100 Then Slow

Any Ideas?

aquamanic
09/12/2010, 07:38 PM
What is your 'slow' profile intensity? You can't get the mp40 to go below 1000gph which is about 30%. Selecting anything less than that will still get you 1000gph.

Also, with your feed command the outlet will stay in that state for 100 minutes after the normal feed interval ends.

dcforester1
09/12/2010, 08:04 PM
I had it at 10 for the intensity, is 30 the lowest. I just put 100 to have something in there.

aquamanic
09/12/2010, 08:23 PM
If you look at VorTech's website, the pump can run from something like 1,000gph to 3,200gph. 10% would be 320gph - the pump simply can't go that slow. This is not a Neptune thing it's an Ecotech thing. Ecotech has a special feed mode that's supposed to hit 500gph but the WMX module doesn't support that feed mode at this time (coming though).

All a VorTech pump will do if you select a speed slower than 1000gph is ignore it and stop at 1000gph. So yes 30% +/- is the lowest and anything lower will be ignored. If you need something less than 1000gph then look at an MP20 or MP10.

dcforester1
09/13/2010, 04:25 PM
What speed does it run when you have it on Feed mode set on the MP40 itself? Is there anyway to put them in Feed mode once they are connected to the WMX?

Thanks for all your help Derek

aquamanic
09/13/2010, 05:05 PM
What speed does it run when you have it on Feed mode set on the MP40 itself?

500gph

Is there anyway to put them in Feed mode once they are connected to the WMX?

No, once they're under control of the WXM, the buttons are ignored.

dcforester1
09/15/2010, 07:30 PM
I have one as the master and the second as a slave, on antisync. I want when I hit FeedA to shut them off.

I have;

Set Antisync
If FeedA then Off

One of them shuts off but the other doesnt, any ideas?

TIA Derek

aquamanic
09/15/2010, 07:54 PM
If FeedA 000 Then OFF

dcforester1
09/16/2010, 09:16 PM
Dont I need the Set Antisync, so I can get it to do the opposite of the master? When I hit feedA the master shuts off the other doesnt.

RussM
09/17/2010, 04:27 AM
Did you try putting If FeedA 000 Then OFF in for both ports?

dcforester1
09/17/2010, 08:41 PM
Did you try putting If FeedA 000 Then OFF in for both ports?

I tried that, and that didnt work. It just made one shut off, and the other goes on high, like when you hit off on the controller. I must be doing something wrong.

Derek