PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE HELP!!!!Chiller problem

Brucewrs
09/09/2010, 09:31 AM
My chiller has an internal temp setting.Well last night it broke and my chiller was not shutting off.Good thing I was home because the water got down to 68 degrees..Is there a external temp controller that I can plug my chiller into? Now my temp goes up to 85 with no chiller.If I turn the power on the chiller it will just keep running..Thanks in advance.

Brucewrs
09/09/2010, 10:38 AM
Do they make a temp controller that I can plug my chiller into?name or link would be great...Thanks

HowieB
09/09/2010, 11:57 AM
I was looking at the Aqualogic 2 stage temp controller # TR115DN. But after pricing the temp controller, timers for the lights, and ATO controllers, I opted for a Reefkeeper. Can do all this and more.

Brucewrs
09/10/2010, 05:02 AM
Thanks Howie.I just order the Aqualogic single stage controller...I never use a heater so I did not get the stage 2.

lighthouze08
09/10/2010, 11:53 AM
I was looking at the Aqualogic 2 stage temp controller # TR115DN. But after pricing the temp controller, timers for the lights, and ATO controllers, I opted for a Reefkeeper. Can do all this and more.

i think a reefkeeper is the way to go, you can control both the chiller and heater, plus use it as a timer for your lights. all that for $99, i don't think you can beat it