PDA

View Full Version : feeding mode

ReefMan1111
09/10/2010, 06:51 PM
Will this work? I am trying to run my skimmer and main pump to this program and when I put it in feed mode A it will turn off for 10 min to feed and then back on. feed mode B is for maitance. I want the pump and skimmer to run 24/7 untill I put it in feed mode.

Fallback ON
Set ON
If FeedA 010 Then OFF
If FeedB 060 Then OFF
If FeedA 000 Then OFF
If FeedB 000 Then OFF

aquamanic
09/10/2010, 07:58 PM
Those times you have in the Feed statements are the DELAY AFTER the Feed mode ends. To set the feed mode time you must do it via the display module. So if the Feed interval for FeedA is 15 minutes, what you've got is essentially 25 minutes (15 + 10). Go to Setup - Outlet Setup - Feed Interval and select A/B/C/D.

Your Fallback ON and Set ON are correct if you want the pump to run 7x24.

swearint
09/11/2010, 10:20 AM
Also, you have FeedA and FeedB repeated. I assume the last ones will dominate, but it is redundant and should be corrected.

Todd

Jake007
09/12/2010, 06:05 PM
Agree .... both post responses.....

Depending on your skimmer you may also want to separate the start back times. After I feed, turn on my return pump, I give the system some time to get to equilibrium before I turn back on my skimmer (another 10-15 min). I have a recirc type skimmer so this is important or it will frequently overflow. This may not be the case for you but worth testing alittle to decide.