PDA

View Full Version : pH meter going crazy

ahmedess
09/11/2010, 05:14 AM
I have a Hanna pH meter that is giving me wierd readings while calibration. I am trying to calibrate it on pH 7 buffer solution and i turned the calibration screw till the end and i can only get it to as low as 7.5 sometimes its even more. I also have to keep it in the buffer solution for a long time for it to give that 7.5 reading because it always start with a very high pH reading like 10 and 11 somtimes.

I always store it in a pH 7 buffer solution as it is stated in its manual and I always clean it after use. I dont know whats wrong with it.

ahmedess
09/11/2010, 12:39 PM
Anyone?

julie180
09/11/2010, 04:08 PM
If it won't calibrate, chances are that the probe is bad. I had a nice expensive on, cant remember the brand, that I decided was not worth the cost of continually replacing the probes.

ahmedess
09/12/2010, 07:05 AM
julie180

so what are you using now

grigsy
09/12/2010, 09:30 AM
probably the probe itself is the problem. Hanna is a sponsor and they have a forum. I use their Checker and it works great.

What you should do is pose the question in the Hanna Instrument section here on Reef Central.

Or, you can also email their technical support at tech@hannainst.com and see what they say.