PDA

View Full Version : ACIII Power Restored Notification?

devoman
09/11/2010, 08:59 PM
I've been looking through these posts but I haven't been able to find the answer to my question. I'm sure I missed it somewhere.

I currently am able to receive notification when my ACIII experiences a power failure. Is there a way to have it notify me when the power is restored?

Here is my code that relates to anything to do with my Alarms.

If Time > 00:00 Then ALM OFF
If Temp > 83.0 Then ALM ON
If Temp < 75.0 Then ALM ON
If pH > 08.40 Then ALM ON
If pH < 07.80 Then ALM ON
If Power 000 Then ALM ON

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

devoman
09/12/2010, 06:14 PM
Anyone?

Specialtang
09/13/2010, 12:05 AM
So if the power was lost to your AC, it still sends email out? No It sends the email when the power is restored to your unit.

It is like the person emailing the IT tech to tell them the email server is down. it is not possible until the server or power in this case is restored.

RussM
09/13/2010, 05:58 AM
So if the power was lost to your AC, it still sends email out? No It sends the email when the power is restored to your unit.

It is like the person emailing the IT tech to tell them the email server is down. it is not possible until the server or power in this case is restored.
The AC3 has an input for backup power. If this is available and primary power is lost, it WILL send an email upon loss of power if programmed to do so. This assumes, of course, that the the network connection is live, i.e. the switch/router/cable modem, etc. all have power too. Some people put their core network equipment on a UPS for this purpose. Backup power can be a second 9v AC adapter on a different circuit or on a UPS, or some people have DIY'd a battery to supply 9VDC backup power to their AC3.

devoman
09/13/2010, 11:44 AM
Correct. I have my cable modem, my ACIII and my router on a UPS so will stay up and running during a power outage. The ACIII has two separate power transformers. One plugged into regular power and the one labeled "battery" plugged into my UPS. It will then send me a message when the power goes out as long as my internet provider is still up. I have that part working successfully.

So my question is....when the power is restored....can I get it to send me a message? I know the ACIII does log when power is restored so it's just a matter of it informing me when that happens.

Thanks!

devoman
09/19/2010, 09:20 PM
Guess this is not possible then. I would have thought it would be since the ACIII does have record of when the power was restored.

Gordonious
09/19/2010, 11:16 PM
Very good question, if you are an hour away and have a lot of money, time, and energy in your tank you may drive, walk, run, hitch hike, or do whatever you need to do to get back to your tank when you get an e-mail the power has gone off. Would be great to know, "hey it only went off for a second it's back on, all is good, put your thumb away before the cops catch you hitch hiking."

devoman try reading on page 42 of the Apex new user guide stickied at the top of this forum.

"If Power EB8_3 OFF 003 Then OFF If Power to EB8 #3 is OFF and for 3 minutes after power is returned, set the skimmer outlet state register to OFF. The most common usage of the „If Power‟ statement where no duration delay is used is for an Email alert. In this case, you typically don‟t want power failure notifications AFTER power is restored. In that case, a „0‟ delay is used in the Email outlet: If Power EB8_5 000 Then ON This"

Obviously this is copied from there and RC didn't translate the spacing from the PDF. I believe the answer is sorta implied in there, but not really sure. I haven't really got into testing this out yet.

Post if you figure it out for sure.

schwaggs
09/20/2010, 08:48 AM
This is possible on the Apex, I don't think it is on the ACIII

devoman
09/20/2010, 08:14 PM
I'll play around with it and see if I get anywhere. I guess worst case if I get notified of a power outage I can access my ACIII via the web and see if it registered a "Power Restored" record. Than I'll know it came back up.

Thanks

Very good question, if you are an hour away and have a lot of money, time, and energy in your tank you may drive, walk, run, hitch hike, or do whatever you need to do to get back to your tank when you get an e-mail the power has gone off. Would be great to know, "hey it only went off for a second it's back on, all is good, put your thumb away before the cops catch you hitch hiking."

devoman try reading on page 42 of the Apex new user guide stickied at the top of this forum.

"If Power EB8_3 OFF 003 Then OFF If Power to EB8 #3 is OFF and for 3 minutes after power is returned, set the skimmer outlet state register to OFF. The most common usage of the „If Power‟ statement where no duration delay is used is for an Email alert. In this case, you typically don‟t want power failure notifications AFTER power is restored. In that case, a „0‟ delay is used in the Email outlet: If Power EB8_5 000 Then ON This"

Obviously this is copied from there and RC didn't translate the spacing from the PDF. I believe the answer is sorta implied in there, but not really sure. I haven't really got into testing this out yet.

Post if you figure it out for sure.

kenargo
09/20/2010, 09:17 PM
You can 'kind-of' get what you ask...

If Power 000 Then ALM ON

The 000 is the time 'after' power comes back on to keep the outlet ON (in this case). If you the 000 was longer than your email repeat interval then you would get an email reporting the power was on; it could be a max of repeat interval after power came back on but that is better (IMO) than assuming power came back on because you didn't get an email.

devoman
09/21/2010, 06:56 PM
Thanks kenargo. I looked at my settings. Is the "Re-Email Delay" parameter on the ACIII the same as "Email repeat interval" that you are referring to? If so...mine is set to "060 M".

If that's the case I should set my e-mail repeat interval lower to say 004 M

Then change my alarm code to say "If Power 005 then ALM ON".

Am I understanding that right? The only drawback would be that I could get an e-mail every 5 minutes if one of my other alarms triggers come into play.

Thanks.

You can 'kind-of' get what you ask...

If Power 000 Then ALM ON

The 000 is the time 'after' power comes back on to keep the outlet ON (in this case). If you the 000 was longer than your email repeat interval then you would get an email reporting the power was on; it could be a max of repeat interval after power came back on but that is better (IMO) than assuming power came back on because you didn't get an email.