PDA

View Full Version : Any Anemone feeding FAQ guide?

kmu
09/12/2010, 09:21 PM
Tried searching but couldnt find decent info, thx

OrionN
09/12/2010, 09:42 PM
Not really.
Don't feed until the anemone settle down after place in a system. Start feeding with small food, small amount only. Once it can accept small food and not regurgitate or deflates, you can increase the amount. Variety in food is good for the anemone. I sometime injected vitamins (baby vitamin liquid) into the sea food before given them to my anemones.
I only use sea food for human consumption for my anemones because I fear given them spoiled food and kill them. Human food get much better care in transit than pet food IMO. I certainly threw away obviously bad frozen fish food before.
I have had success with my method. Other people have other ways. You will find something that will works for you. Keep from feeding the anemone to much or too early is hard to do so be careful about this particular two things and your anemone will have the most chance of success.
Good luck.

gasbatalla
09/12/2010, 11:28 PM
Feeding your BTA (http://www.karensroseanemones.net/feedingyourbta.htm)

davocean
09/13/2010, 09:20 AM
I have had bad experiences as well as others w/ silversides, and no longer feed them to my nems.
It's alot safer to feed scallop or raw shrimp, mysis.
Mine get a piece of scallop or shrimp every week or 2, and mysis gets picked up at fish feeding time.

kmu
09/13/2010, 01:00 PM
Feeding your BTA (http://www.karensroseanemones.net/feedingyourbta.htm)

nice thx

kmu
09/14/2010, 05:33 PM
Just some information about my RBTA and GBTA...

I've had both anemones for more than a year now with me, I haven't seen an inch of growth during the whole time I've had them, the RBTA is around 4" and the GBTA is around 7".

I havent feed either anemone for the past 18+ months I've had them, and this last sunday was the first time I feed them (small piece of raw shrimp).

On monday the day after I feed the BTAs both looked a little bit smaller than normal, I thought It had something to do with the feeding.

Now 2 days after the first feeding both BTAs looks a little bit bigger than usual.

davocean
09/14/2010, 06:08 PM
One thing about nems is the common sense logic, bigger is better/healthier, or splitting reproducing is sign of success does NOT apply IMO.
Often bigger means they are wanting more light/energy, and you provided that w/ spot feeding, so I would expect them to close a lil, but maybe have brighter color.
I actually think you are having reasonable success just going off post/no pics.
FWIW both my sebae/crispa and LTA/doreensis did not get spot fed first year and a half, and they both became huge healthy monsters, had em 5 and half years before downsizing system.
I noticed both actually got smaller w/ better light and spot feeding, or at least less stretching.
Some do not spot feed at all, or rarely to prevent excessive growth, light is their main source of energy anyway.

slumlord
09/14/2010, 06:47 PM
Is it normal for them to collapse on themselves after they feed?

davocean
09/14/2010, 06:49 PM
Enclosing around the food is normal, yes.