PDA

View Full Version : Anyone currently have any Gracilaria Verrucosa

Joshnlaura
09/13/2010, 01:30 PM
I have read this is supposedly very good at taking nitrates and ammonia out of the water. I just ordered some from FAF (along with some phyto culture disk) and wondered if anyone had any experience with it. Let me know....THX

shifty51008
09/13/2010, 01:39 PM
i have some but it don't grow worth a dang for me, however the cheato gows like a weed. I got it to use as tang food but don't look like that is gonna happen.

Joshnlaura
09/13/2010, 01:45 PM
Well my Chaeto doesnt have the "roll" going on like its supposed to. I have a little bit different of a sump design that uses a diagonal flow in the refugium. I was hoping that I could get this to do a little better. I was just more curious to see if anyone had any adverse effects on using it before I stuck it im my tank. I dont want to wind up with some cross bread beast that I cant get rid of. I havent read anything about that happening but figured I would get some input from people that actually have it.

shifty51008
09/13/2010, 01:48 PM
oh i understand and a few local reefers here have the stuff and love it. they never complained about having problems with it.

Joshnlaura
09/13/2010, 01:55 PM
You dont do any of your own Phyto culturing do you? (Something else I hoping to start) Seems fairly easy and interesting so in the interest of saving some money and doing something fun as well I figured I would try it. My gargonian thus far is the only thing I have that really needs it allthough im sure some of the other stuff in my tank likes it.

shifty51008
09/13/2010, 02:07 PM
I used to grow phyto when I had my breeding tanks up and running. but I would only use the phyto for the rotifers and brine shrimp. but dosing the tank won't hurt as the pods will enjoy it.