PDA

View Full Version : delay to skimmer start

janes_mw
09/14/2010, 05:14 PM
If I cancel a feed cycle, the delay I have on my skimmer does not take effect. Is there a way, such as the power on delay to do?? I basically want the skimmer to delay by 5 minutes upon ANY power up situation.

Thanks for any advice in advance :)
mike

kenargo
09/14/2010, 05:46 PM
What code do you have? I assume you have a value in te feed statement for the skimmer and if so then you need to allow the feed cycle to end naturally else the delay is not honored.

janes_mw
09/14/2010, 05:52 PM
I have "If FeedA 005 then OFF" as my last statement. Other than cancelling, what about on any other power up? Is there no way around the "no delay " if you cancel a feed?

mike

kenargo
09/14/2010, 07:18 PM
For power up you use 'if power' statement; works the same way as feed except on initial power on.

There is currently no method to cancel a feed and have the delays honored but it is on the list for a possible future enhancement.

janes_mw
09/14/2010, 07:31 PM
Thanks Ken! I will add the if power statement and not use cancel for the moment. On the current set up, the skimmer will "hit" my overflow float if I cancel. Seems like a simple fix, Neptune just needs to get into the "cue".

mike

swearint
09/15/2010, 07:53 AM
You should be able to do it with the Defer command. As an example:

[Skimmer]
Set ON
If FeedA 000 Then OFF
Defer 5:00 Then ON

Notice I removed the extra delay from the FeedA statement, otherwise they would add. So, once the Feed Cycle ends or is canceled, the Defer will delay five minutes before allowing the outlet to turn back ON.

Todd

janes_mw
09/15/2010, 09:14 AM
Thanks Todd! I will give this a shot. I take it the Defer would also resolve the need for a delay as a result of power up of whole system also?

So I would have:

Set ON
If Switch1 CLOSED Then Off (This is my collection cup float)
If Feed A000 Then OFF
Defer 5:00 Then On

look OK? I am looking for the Skimmer to delay 5 minutes after anytime it is commanded on.

mike

Jake007
09/15/2010, 10:29 AM
As a thought, you could delay skimmer start by 5 min anytime your feed pump status changes from off to on. If feed pump is on for 5 min start skimmer.

I am new to this controller (2 days) so I haven't got all the availible code options down yet. I have a similar issue and plan to try to implement something similar to the above with a 20 minute delay. It should address both the power interuption and cancel of feed cycle issues. Hopefully others can chime in with code approach.

swearint
09/15/2010, 12:01 PM
I take it the Defer would also resolve the need for a delay as a result of power up of whole system also?

Not sure about the power up scenario, since it would have an unknown state at the very beginning. In other words, I don't know if the Apex considers going from Unknown to ON, a change. If not, then adding the If Power... command should take care of it.

Set ON
If Switch1 CLOSED Then Off (This is my collection cup float)
If Feed A000 Then OFF
Defer 5:00 Then On

look OK? I am looking for the Skimmer to delay 5 minutes after anytime it is commanded on.

Looks good.

janes_mw
09/15/2010, 04:11 PM
Gave me an error on the Defer statement. I am running a year old firmware, is this something that was added?

mike

aquamanic
09/15/2010, 04:51 PM
Defer was added in 4.01_AE09. Make sure your Defer syntax looks just like Todd has it.

janes_mw
09/15/2010, 05:03 PM
Looks like I am running 4.00. I guess i need to figure out the update process and do. Been avoiding only because .... never fails, i have issues :) :)

sfboarders
10/05/2010, 09:27 AM
Can you pros check my code out? FeedD is basically a maintenance mode when I'll be doing water changes.

Here's my return (Return_6_1).

Fallback ON
Set ON
If FeedD 000 Then OFF

Here's my skimmer (Skimmer_6_2). I want to make sure that the skimmer is delayed for 5 minutes before it comes on. Do I need to put code in if return is ON wait 5 minutes to turn skimmer ON?

Fallback OFF
If Power EB8_3 Off 005 Then OFF
If Power EB8_6 Off 005 Then OFF
If Power Apex Off 005 Then OFF
If FeedD 005 Then OFF

swearint
10/05/2010, 01:25 PM
That looks like it will function as you intend. The return will come ON at the end of the Feed cycle, and the Skimmer will come ON 5 minutes after the end of the cycle. The only issue is if you cancel the Feed cycle before it completes, in that case they both will come back ON immediately.

Also, it looks like you missed a Set ON for your skimmer code.

Here is an alternative way to delay the skimmer that avoids the Feed cancel issue.

[Skimmer]
Fallback OFF
Set ON
If Power EB8_3 Off 000 Then OFF
If Power EB8_6 Off 000 Then OFF
If Power Apex Off 000 Then OFF
If FeedD 000 Then OFF

Notice the Defer applies to the entire outlet, therefore the delays are not necessary on the Power and Feed statements. Basically, anything that sets the state to OFF (manual override included) will be delayed 5 minutes before coming back ON.

Todd

sfboarders
10/05/2010, 01:50 PM
That looks like it will function as you intend. The return will come ON at the end of the Feed cycle, and the Skimmer will come ON 5 minutes after the end of the cycle. The only issue is if you cancel the Feed cycle before it completes, in that case they both will come back ON immediately.

Here is an alternative way to delay the skimmer that avoids the Feed cancel issue.

[Skimmer]
Fallback OFF
Set ON
If FeedD 000 Then OFF

Notice the Defer applies to the entire outlet, therefore the delays are not necessary on the Power and Feed statements. Basically, anything that sets the state to OFF (manual override included) will be delayed 5 minutes before coming back ON.

Todd

Thanks for the code Todd! :) I was wondering if I add the code below as an extra security will the skimmer still be delayed for 5 minutes once the return pump comes back on?

Fallback OFF
Set ON
If Outlet Return_6_1 = OFF Then OFF //new line of code added
If FeedD 000 Then OFF

swearint
10/05/2010, 03:31 PM
Thanks for the code Todd! :) I was wondering if I add the code below as an extra security will the skimmer still be delayed for 5 minutes once the return pump comes back on?

Fallback OFF
Set ON
If Outlet Return_6_1 = OFF Then OFF //new line of code added
If FeedD 000 Then OFF
Yes, as long as the other conditions are false. But it is redundant since they are both tied to FeedD, I don't believe you would gain anything from it.

Todd

newfubar
05/10/2012, 04:41 PM

[Skimmer]
Fallback OFF
Set ON
If FeedD 000 Then OFF

Todd

Is there a way to Defer only for Feed D (as in above), but not for another feed cycle (i.e. Feed "A")??

swearint
05/15/2012, 06:05 PM
I assume you mean that you want to use more than on Feed cycle in your outlet and have one with a delay. In that case, delete the Defer command and use the built in delay parameter:

Set ON
If FeedA 000 Then OFF
If FeedD 005 Then OFF

When FeedA ends, the outlet will return to ON immediately, when FeedD ends it will wait an additional 5 minutes. Just keep in mind the issue of cancelling a Feed cycle.

Todd

wakerider017
05/15/2012, 08:27 PM
This is my setup.. Works great:

Pump_3_8
Fallback ON
Set ON
If FeedA 000 Then OFF
If FeedB 000 Then OFF
If FeedC 000 Then OFF
If FeedD 000 Then OFF

Skimmer_3_6
Fallback OFF
Set ON
If Outlet Float_1 = ON Then OFF
Defer 005:00 Then ON
If Outlet Pump_3_8 = OFF Then OFF

RussM
05/15/2012, 08:49 PM
Skimmer_3_6
Fallback OFF
Set ON
If Outlet Float_1 = ON Then OFF
If Outlet Pump_3_8 = OFF Then OFF
Defer 005:00 Then ONDefer applies to the whole outlet, so there is no need to use two statements.

wakerider017
05/16/2012, 06:11 AM
Defer applies to the whole outlet, so there is no need to use two statements.

Ahh didn't know that. Thanks!