PDA

View Full Version : What happen to my Apex?

MK
09/16/2010, 07:15 PM
Screen is blank...
no any led is blinking in Aquacontroller (status,network...) nothing
power bar led is blinking yellow
I unplugged power bar for about one hour and plugged in back...
nothing happen still only yellow led is blinking
I didn't do anything wrong i didn't even touch it, it happe itself.

Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance,
mark

unbreakable
09/16/2010, 07:35 PM
there might be a solution for that in the unofficial user guide. happened to me once and i reloaded the firmware and the pages and it was fixed, but the program had to run in boot loader mode i think

MK
09/16/2010, 07:44 PM
but your ethernet lights was on or not? cause mine looks totally death
my router cant see controller now

regards,
mark

thebradybunch
09/17/2010, 04:47 PM
That sounds exactly like mine did when it got taken out by lightning. Do you have your
EB8 plugged into a surge suppressor?

MK
09/17/2010, 05:05 PM
That sounds exactly like mine did when it got taken out by lightning. Do you have your
EB8 plugged into a surge suppressor?

No, I don't...
What happen to your setup? What you did to get it working back?

Thanks and regards.
mark

thebradybunch
09/17/2010, 09:51 PM
My base module was struck by lightning. I was standing right beside it when it got hit so it was pretty obvious what had happened. It fried my base unit so I had to buy a new base unit from Neptune systems. The yellow light means the eb8 has lost contact with the base module. I ended up sending my entire setup back to Neptune. The eb8 has a voltage regulator in it and if it has been damaged it could damage a new base module so the best thing to do is send everything back and let Neptune check out your entire system.

dorian
09/18/2010, 09:27 AM
Sorry to hear about your unit, but just the push I needed to buy a surge protector/ups for my simple setup..

thebradybunch
09/18/2010, 02:43 PM
I bought a surge suppressor for the eb8 to plug into but I am also getting a whole house suppressor for the LP.

MK
09/18/2010, 11:00 PM
thank you guys for helping me, looks like i have to send everything back to Neptune.
I can't believe we paying a lot of $$$ for controller and it has no surge suppressor that's joke for me !!!
I used to have this toy only for about two weeks and now i have to pay again for it?

Best regards,
mark

aquamanic
09/19/2010, 11:45 AM
I've got a 10k home theater system and not a single component has built in surge suppression. You have to take care of your electronics and they will take care of you.

thebradybunch
09/19/2010, 08:26 PM
I've got a 10k home theater system and not a single component has built in surge suppression. You have to take care of your electronics and they will take care of you.

Home theater systems are not outlet strips. There is no excuse for an EB8 not to have surge suppression built in. You can get $10.00 outlet strips at Walmart with built in surge suppression.