PDA

View Full Version : exquisite wrasse with basslets(yellow assessor and swissguard basslet)

FishF00d
09/16/2010, 08:52 PM
Most of the info on these guys states that they may fight with basslets. I'm curious how truthfull this is, considering the 1st three sites i read it on all said something different for minimum tank size(30, 40, 70) I haven't seen one of these guys locally in years. Can anyone provide any feedback on if they are compatible with the assessor and basslet?

Sugar Magnolia
09/17/2010, 08:19 AM
The problem is the similar body shape. Chances are the wrasse will bully any fish with a similar body type.

38bill
09/17/2010, 10:07 AM
I have only had two exquisite wrasse so I don't know if my experience is typical but both of them were on the timid side and never bullied any other tankmates.

A sea K
09/17/2010, 03:19 PM
I dont have a Mystery but I do have Assessors (both yellow and blue) all I can say is the Assessors are very timid, mine were housed in a guiet system and stayed out most all the time but when I put a McCoskers wrasse in with them they went into hiding and didnt come out till the Wrasse was removed. They are now housed in my 210 with several Wrasses near 5" length not to mention a few tangs as well. You can catch glimpses of them in the rocks but thats about all I get.
My personal opinion on the Assessors is they are best kept in a very peacefull system if you want to see them.

FishF00d
09/19/2010, 08:23 AM
I'll probably not add an exquisite. If anything I'll grab a cryptic sixline if I see one locally again. I've always liked them and I know one wouldn't be a problem. I think the one fish I may have to remove is my Black & White Ocellaris. I took him out of a tank my wife had at work where he was being a bully. I haven't seen any problems in my tank with him so far. The one fish that seems to pick on everyone is the purple firefish. I lost 3 small gobies within a week of putting him in the tank.