PDA

View Full Version : Help with protein skimmer!!

ckykitty949
09/17/2010, 01:43 AM
I bought 2 skimmers on Ebay and one works fine, but the other I have no idea what to do with it. I attached the pump, then turned it on to very quickly realize there wasn't a slot for the water to come back into the tank! I have looked online and still am stumped. I thing I need a sump or something, but I don't know anything about those. If anyone can give me some advice that would be great!! Its for my 55 gallon reef tank.
Also am having a terrible reddish algae problem that forms on the acrylic from the time I go to work and come home the stuff is everywhere. Maybe the water is too dirty and that's why I need this skimmer to work?
Thanks;

P.S. These are the closest thing I could find that looks like mine. The differences are that the tube coming out that attaches to a pump, is under the white cap area, and there's a drain hole attached with a tube in the skim cup that I think just goes under the tank. The last thing is there is a hole with a PVC pipe plug plugging it. I was told it is for the pressure or something. It kind of looks home made in a sense so its a way crappier version of that picture. (referring to the white skimmer picture)
Thanks
Dana