PDA

View Full Version : absolutely horrible service

kradleu
09/17/2010, 07:52 AM
i ordered a dual home/reef setup from air water and ice on the 9th of september. i received a tracking number only after emailing and asking for one, to find out it would be delivered on the 16th. no biggie at all i figured it would take a few days. so the 16th came and went and around 6pm i called ups to see where my package was and they told me they never received a package with this tracking number. so i call and leave a message with awi. this morning i finally get ahold of marissa(apparently the only worker there according to her) and she tells me that they are out of inline di catridges and wont be shipping till monday, when ten minutes before this i got an email from the same person telling me sorry here's a good tracking number this time. which shows the package showing up on the 21st. the best part about it is as im talking to her she sends me an email saying they are out of stock to cover her rear. and when i ask to speak to a manager/owner becuase his company had sent me a promised delivery date of thursday and now magiacally its tuesday, i was told he isnt available to speak to customers. and when i asked for a voicemail becuase i figured he would be interested in seeing whats happening with his business, i was told he doesnt answer his voicemail that all calls must go through her. so im not gonna point fingers or whatnot, but the whole time she attempted to blame this on ups, which never had the package in the first place.

i am truly disapointed after reading so many good reviews, and i will not even be opening my box when it comes as i will return it and go with someone else, even if its more expensive. as im not dealing with that kind of customer service if something is broken or needs replaced

reefkeeps
09/18/2010, 11:52 AM
I'm sure what is going on with them, I have used them in the past and been wowed.... I left them a voice mail a week ago and have yet to get a return call......

iam392
09/18/2010, 05:34 PM
If you want something different try this link. This is the one I am getting.

http://www.purewaterclub.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=88_87&products_id=177

i ordered a dual home/reef setup from air water and ice on the 9th of september. i received a tracking number only after emailing and asking for one, to find out it would be delivered on the 16th. no biggie at all i figured it would take a few days. so the 16th came and went and around 6pm i called ups to see where my package was and they told me they never received a package with this tracking number. so i call and leave a message with awi. this morning i finally get ahold of marissa(apparently the only worker there according to her) and she tells me that they are out of inline di catridges and wont be shipping till monday, when ten minutes before this i got an email from the same person telling me sorry here's a good tracking number this time. which shows the package showing up on the 21st. the best part about it is as im talking to her she sends me an email saying they are out of stock to cover her rear. and when i ask to speak to a manager/owner becuase his company had sent me a promised delivery date of thursday and now magiacally its tuesday, i was told he isnt available to speak to customers. and when i asked for a voicemail becuase i figured he would be interested in seeing whats happening with his business, i was told he doesnt answer his voicemail that all calls must go through her. so im not gonna point fingers or whatnot, but the whole time she attempted to blame this on ups, which never had the package in the first place.

i am truly disapointed after reading so many good reviews, and i will not even be opening my box when it comes as i will return it and go with someone else, even if its more expensive. as im not dealing with that kind of customer service if something is broken or needs replaced

cbatkinson
09/19/2010, 03:35 PM
This is odd. I just dealt with them a couple of weeks ago on an issue with my RODI and they were great. They sent me a bunch of replacement parts to help troubleshoot and they fixed the problem.

DavidCC
09/19/2010, 07:35 PM
Bulkreefsupply has some good systems,

crodger
09/28/2010, 01:05 PM
I have always found them to be good and I love my unit

potterjon
09/29/2010, 07:44 AM
I recently ordered a system from them and have been very pleased but haven't needed any customer service, but I agree customer service is everything when purchasing online. Sorry to hear it. I wouldn't blame you one bit if you went with another company.

reefkeeps
09/29/2010, 10:54 AM
I spoke to them yesterday and they were fantastic, I'm not sure what happened with my email or voicemail but they delivered in the end....

IAReefer
09/29/2010, 02:33 PM
I have one of their systems and they are great to work with. I even needed replacement part and they responded very quickly, like within 30 minutes of me emailing them. I had the part 3 days later. Im not sure what happened with you, but anytime I order something from them I get a notification from them with tracking number and an invoice number. Its an automated system as far as I can tell. I LOVE to Air, Water and Ice system and wouldnt even consider getting anything different. They have a superior product and in my case their customer service has been top notch.

Mylilreef
10/02/2010, 10:57 PM
when i dealt with them, their customer service was awesome. i had ordered a faucet adaptor with ro/di which completely fell apart on first install. i called them right then, was NOT put on hold like so many other companies i.e. drs foster and smith (still waiting on a return shipping label 1-1/2months later for their mistake!), and received a replacement 3 days later. plus the quarterly reminder emails for filter checks are nice as i tend to forget otherwise.

PerezAF01
10/03/2010, 12:11 PM
Im shocked. I always hear good things about this company. I hope they decide to fix this before they lose any more customers. I wanted to purchase something from their site but I am going to look for alternatives. There is nothing I hate more than dishonest people.

reefkeeps
10/03/2010, 01:38 PM
I would use them again...

wilsonreefs
10/03/2010, 08:02 PM
I've talked with Marissa several times and she has always gone out of her way to help me with my problems. Which I might add, were mostly my mistakes. She has always been there for me. I will continue to do business with them...

chingking327
10/05/2010, 09:42 AM
I also had a bad exoperience, i ordered a 5 stage typhoon, and a hose bip, and a tds meter. Out of the 3 i only recieved the ro/di unit. Ive called and emailed and haven't had one response. I have just given up, the unit works great though and i am very happy with product. The service is very bad though. I would not reccomend ordering more then one item at a time.

duramax
10/05/2010, 10:06 AM
i have never had a problem with them i have gotten a couple of units from them and they have always been very helpful

tran383
10/06/2010, 12:34 AM
Gone are the days of great customer service when Walter then Don was running it...

I had my unit for awhile and have ordered replacement units from them for years. This last time they decided not to send the filter clips and fittings considering the filter replacement product they advertised is plug and play. So after a few back and forth emails with Marissa, she said I can reuse my old fittings and that there was an error on the website. The next day the website removed the literature "Complete plug and play assembly of... Complete with fittings and filter clips.

from the replacement parts I ordered:
http://www.airwaterice.com/product/MAXPACKDI/Max-Pack-Replacement-Filters-wDI.html

But you can still see the original text under the specifications here:
http://www.airwaterice.com/product/MAXPACK/MaxMini-Replacement-Filter-Pack.html
(same product as the other, minus the DI but since my email to her didn't link here, this was never changed)

Fittings and filter clips are cheap, I didn't really care and I don't mind reusing the old ones but it was definitely easier and advertised as plug and play! I didn't really appreciate the way it was handled and to change the website after I complained just isn't right.

That's just my experience.

TampaReefer79
10/09/2010, 07:41 PM
I have an Air Water Ice unit, needed to speak with them about it this past week...called Monday (within business hours) and left a message since no one answerd.

Same thing Tuesday.

Ditto for Wednesday.

Thursday same.

Friday felt like Groundhog Day.

Now that an entire work week has gone by, I will sell my AWI unit now as I ordered a new unit from a competitor of theirs last night that has AWESOME customer service. PM me if you want to know the manufacturer.

vlepouce
10/10/2010, 08:07 AM
Not sure why everyone is experiencing difficulties. I was leery, but placed an order for replacement cartridges and DI cartridges for my Dual Reef/Home unit. Received everything 2 days later. Even requested USPS instead of UPS and received exactly as asked. Everything on the order was sent and is accounted for.

TampaReefer79
10/10/2010, 08:19 AM
Yes, everything is fine when they want your money. AFTER You receive your unit, good luck getting ahold of anyone. Their customer service absolutley sucks. Being ignored is worse than them being rude to me. IMO.

You had a good experience because you didn't need to speak to anyone.

pktech
10/10/2010, 09:24 AM
I have an Air Water Ice unit, needed to speak with them about it this past week...called Monday (within business hours) and left a message since no one answerd.

Same thing Tuesday.

Ditto for Wednesday.

Thursday same.

Friday felt like Groundhog Day.

Now that an entire work week has gone by, I will sell my AWI unit now as I ordered a new unit from a competitor of theirs last night that has AWESOME customer service. PM me if you want to know the manufacturer.

lubyone1
10/12/2010, 07:36 PM
I have been ordering from them for three years and have had no issues...ever. With that said, I haven't had any problems.

Bluefool
11/01/2010, 01:37 PM
Well, I've got two of their filters, and I simply couldn't be happier. I had some problems on instillation and a few more when my wife accidentally kicked over the Typhoon, and each time customer service was fast, helpful, and free.

I've got to be honest, this just does not sound like the company I know....

Of course, everyone has a bad day or two, but these guys are at my Gold standard of Customer Service.

Zero Cool
11/02/2010, 09:42 AM
I've always received excellent customer service from these guys. When I received my unit, one of the hose connector pieces was broken. I called them right away and before the day was out a new piece was shipped for free. Good people.

botp2k1
11/23/2010, 08:34 AM
Who is running it now? New owner(s)?

Gone are the days of great customer service when Walter then Don was running it...

C-21 USAF
11/28/2010, 06:19 PM
Been dealing with them since '02.

Here's the deal:

They have a great product

Customer service is generally good when you actually have their attention.

Never count (or bet your life) on them to return any type of email or voicemail...it just doesn't happen that often.

This has been my experience.

mc-cro
11/28/2010, 06:38 PM
I purchased my unit over 6yrs ago from them, and the filters and other accessories every year since then. The only issue I ever had was I was having them help me troubleshoot a pressure pump problem, she wasnt too good at troubleshooting, but no real problems with their service.

jenghes
12/02/2010, 01:20 PM
I just tried to order a system from them and asked for assistance on planning on how to connect the system. Received a response to the first request and they said that pictures of my hookup possibilities would help them give me advice. They were sent and I never got a response back.

The same pics were sent to BFS and communication was wonderful. They are even customizing my unit for me (building so the in and out are on the left rather than right). I am picking up my unit from them on Saturday.

AWI's loss. They had the cheaper price, but the customer service won my business.

C-21 USAF
12/05/2010, 03:07 PM
guess i wont buy stuff from here

And now you have 50 posts...congratulations:rolleye1: