PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning/Water Change Cycle - need help

eisaiasjr
09/21/2010, 04:11 AM
Hello:

I have been looking into feeding cycles in order to do my weekly maintenance water change however I am not 100% sure how to program it into the APEX to make it work exactly the way I want it to work...

My Goal:

To be able to press a button on my controller and turn off the entire aquarium including return pumps, chiller pumps, heater, top offs, etc

This maintenance cycle should NEVER last longer than 45 minutes. All outlets should restart automatically once the 45 minute mark is passed.

User should be able to cancel maintenance cycle early if maintenance is completed faster than the 45 minutes.

----

Now, I do understand how to keep outlets off for an additional time after the cycle has begun with the command "If FeedA XXX Then OFF" that you put into each outlet, HOWEVER, how do I make the feed cycle itself only last XXX minutes?

Your responses and guidance (and code :) )are appreciated!

Best Regards,

Estefano

schwaggs
09/21/2010, 06:45 AM
From the Apex display, set the feed timer interval at this screen: Setup/Outlet Setup/Feed Interval

Hawkdl2
09/21/2010, 07:22 PM
In addition you might consider adding a delay to some of the items you have turned off so they do not ALL turn on at the same instant. With enough pumps, chillers, and heaters turning on at one time, you might overload your EB8.

eisaiasjr
09/22/2010, 07:33 AM
Thanks to both of you guys.

Regards,

Estefano