PDA

View Full Version : Apex Internet access on ComCast

elFloyd
09/23/2010, 06:11 PM
Anyone have any success with Comcast? What port did you use?

Gordonious
09/23/2010, 07:29 PM
Default 80.

Rendos
09/23/2010, 07:37 PM
I use Comcast...works great.
I use port 80 and have 23 open for Neptune to get into if needed for diagnostics.

Remember to restart the controller after making any network changes or they will not take effect.

Gordonious
09/23/2010, 08:00 PM
"Remember to restart the controller after making any network changes or they will not take effect. "

Good point! I don't know why, but I missed that in the instructions when I was working on it. Took me a while to figure out thats why it wasn't changing when I told it to. Luckily I've worked on networks enough to know it was odd it didn't have to think about it for a little while and there was no delay. When the device was active and ready to do other things I knew it hadn't done anything yet.

elFloyd
09/23/2010, 08:45 PM
Thanks for the responses... working all day trying to get this set up with no success.

DNS account is set up... router port forward set up... Apex works local but still can't access over the Internet.

Gordonious
09/23/2010, 09:01 PM
Sure you have the right URL when testing over the net? I made this mistake once I had everything else right. Not sure what else to say.

kurt_n
09/23/2010, 09:45 PM
...... Apex works local but still can't access over the Internet.

How are you testing internet access? And what are you getting when you try to access it? Any warning message or just a blank screen?

coffeenut
09/23/2010, 09:57 PM
I have Concast.. works fine (yes i spelled it wrong on purpose)

HeneryH
09/24/2010, 06:26 AM
Thanks for the responses... working all day trying to get this set up with no success.

DNS account is set up... router port forward set up... Apex works local but still can't access over the Internet.Can you post your exact URL (maybe change some letters if you are worried about security). It will help others debug.

I've seen people trying to debug for hours then find out they were using http://192.168.1.50 from the internet.

elFloyd
10/05/2010, 08:57 PM
Late to respond... But all is working now. I use Vonage for telephone service. My home network was wired cable modem > Vonage module > wireless router. The Vonage box was acting as a router and the DynDns address was resolving to the Vonage box. I reconfigured wiring to: Cable Modem > wireless router > Vonage modual.

Kudos to Russ at ReefTronics for his patients and support!