PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a dragon wrasse?

pktech
09/24/2010, 05:28 PM
3 LFS's all of the sudden have them & wow are they cool lookin'! I checked wetweb, but wanted to see what those on the front line have to say as well.

luvabunny
09/24/2010, 11:07 PM
I used to have one several years ago. Typical of wrasses, liked to bury himself in the sand and stir up a big mess. Got quite large very quickly. I don't remember anything specifically bad about him, but most of our corals were cheap, beginner corals, so if he killed anything we probably chalked it up to our inexperience.
I do remember it was a beautiful fish, fairly timid, colors seemed to get bolder as he got bigger and older, spent most of his time hiding. Sorry, that's about all I can remember. If it means anything, our LFS have them here fairly regularly and I have not bought another one.

Baldwin
09/25/2010, 06:08 AM
I have a smaller one right now, he's maybe 3 inches. I have had this fish for about 3 weeks now, and he is comical. You wouldn't beleive the teeth on this little guy. He isn't afraid of anything, but I haven't witnessed any aggression with him, I'm sure that could change with age, but I spoke to a guy that works for sustainable aquatics at MACNA because they had one on display (that's when I decided I wanted one) and he said if you keep them with bolder fishes ie. angels, tangs, other wrasses then these guys are usually great when adults. I know that when they get bigger they can easily move large rocks, so make sure your rocks are plenty big enough that this guy can't topple any.

j.p. harrington
09/25/2010, 09:32 PM
yea ive got a 4" one that is currently taking up home in my fuge. put him in my display immediately went after and killed my skunk cleaner. rearranged all the LR ruble and harrased all my inverts. i DO NOT reccomend this lol

putitang
09/25/2010, 10:52 PM
They get big, ugly, and mean!