PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy rare fish?

ghstrider
09/24/2010, 11:11 PM
Been looking for rare angels to put in my upcoming tank but there arent many online site that sell rare fish other than LA/DD and NYaquatics. Does anyone know any others? Post or pm me and thanks in advance.

Eddy

ghstrider
09/24/2010, 11:14 PM
Oh and Ive seen a few other sites besides that 2 i listed but noticed they are mostly out of stock regularly.

ghstrider
09/29/2010, 05:21 PM
ttt

ERICinFL
09/29/2010, 05:31 PM
Your best bet, is to email them and see if you can get on a waiting list. The reason most places are out of stock, is for the very reason you want them... they're rare. :D

anbosu
09/29/2010, 05:53 PM
I guess it depends on what you are looking for -- if they are Hawaiian endemics you could probably order straight from the divers there.

crvz
09/30/2010, 08:06 AM
define rare fish, and which ones in particular you are interested in.

noahm
09/30/2010, 08:12 AM
Your best bet, is to email them and see if you can get on a waiting list. The reason most places are out of stock, is for the very reason you want them... they're rare. :D

This^^. Most of those things are just randomly available and quickly go to someone on their waiting list. Whether it is a formal system, or just some vaguely remembered e-mails, most places are willing to get in touch with you or even keep an eye on the wholesale list for specific fish for you. Also, if you have a good lfs, they will do the same thing and you don't have to run the risk of a non-guaranteed fish arriving dead as a lot of online vendors will not guarantee certain rare fish.

cjs3055
09/30/2010, 08:54 AM
Live Aquaria go to their WYSIWYG section and there are fish for $3,000 on there. They have a live arrival guarantee on all fish and they will guarantee them for 14days i have been very happy with them

OwenInAZ
09/30/2010, 11:03 AM
There's a local shop here in Phoenix that does that sort of stuff. Aquatouch has a spot on the vendor boards here, check them out.