PDA

View Full Version : profilux standalone or bubble magnus dosing unit

alcove
09/25/2010, 01:01 AM
getting a 3 pump unit for an extra 100$ is the profilux worth it?

Soymilk
09/25/2010, 02:00 AM
I bought the bubble magus. I have no experience with the profilux but the bubble magus doser met my needs and expectations.

It's been pretty good so far. Parts availability could be an issue for the bubble magus. Profilux is tried and true. So it's really up to you. I personally don't think it's worth the extra money.

alcove
09/25/2010, 10:04 AM
anyone else

wickedfish
09/25/2010, 12:02 PM
I am tagging along I have an Apex and I want to use the BM doser as well, dont know if its better to get the doser with the little timer guy already on it and how it works? IS it fully functional out of the box with out software?

sfexplicit
09/25/2010, 03:11 PM
I've heard good things about both of these dosers. Not from personal experience. I'm leaning towards the profilux though due to the fact that you can get replacement parts and even add on later down the road if need be. I do know from personal experience that nothing last forever and when or if something goes wrong I'd feel better knowing I could fix it instead of replacing the whole entire thing. The extra $100 I spend might be $$$ I'd save down the road. That's not to say that people haven't had great success with the BM however.

Soymilk
09/25/2010, 04:10 PM
The bubble magus is repairable as well. I heard the motor is $40 and the tube is $8. I have taken it apart is it seems pretty easy to do so. It's a little cheapy feeling but for the price I paid for, I can't complain.

As for the availability of parts... Hard to say. But since distribution is done in america now, I heard from a lfs that all bm replacement parts is done from a guy in Cali. So in theory, there should be parts.

So it all comes down to reliability.... And if that 100 dollars makes a diff in reliability. Only time can tell. I was following a few threads about the bm doser and it's been about a year so far.... Haven't heard any complaints so.... Not bad so far.

Paulairduck
09/25/2010, 09:06 PM
I use the profilux doser 4 head, it works great had it for two years no problem. I do see the replacement pumps are quite pricey, but so is everything else they sell.

coultkr
09/26/2010, 02:19 PM
I've been using the Bubble Magus triple doser for about 4 months and I love it. I used Spectrapure's Liter Meter III before so that's all I have to compair it to. The BM is much cheaper and extremely accurate.

alcove
09/27/2010, 11:41 AM

tamn3
10/21/2010, 10:46 PM
The bubble magus is repairable as well. I heard the motor is $40 and the tube is $8. I have taken it apart is it seems pretty easy to do so. It's a little cheapy feeling but for the price I paid for, I can't complain.

As for the availability of parts... Hard to say. But since distribution is done in america now, I heard from a lfs that all bm replacement parts is done from a guy in Cali. So in theory, there should be parts.

So it all comes down to reliability.... And if that 100 dollars makes a diff in reliability. Only time can tell. I was following a few threads about the bm doser and it's been about a year so far.... Haven't heard any complaints so.... Not bad so far.

Hi there,

I just got myself the bubble magus doser and was wondering if you could give me a source for the parts and repair guy that you're using. Thank you.

troynel
10/22/2010, 06:39 AM
I have had the BM for close to 8 months now and have had no problems. It can be a bit noisy sometimes but it gets the job done. Plug and Play

cubsare1
10/22/2010, 06:53 AM
Hi there,

I just got myself the bubble magus doser and was wondering if you could give me a source for the parts and repair guy that you're using. Thank you.

$25 for the replacement pump: http://socaltropicalfishoutlet.com/catalog/bubble-magus-replacement-pump-p-1091.html

5pacey
10/22/2010, 11:36 AM
I love their (BM) product pitch... LOL

BM-TO1 microcomputer three-channel titration Pump: Bubble-Magus is a dedicated high-class marine equipment and additives for keeping research and development company. Products are mainly exported to Europe and the United States. And is committed to promoting the breeding of domestic marine technology, at reasonable prices, continue to deliver advanced bio-breeding equipment.

BM technical engineer, after a study which lasted a year and a half, using a micro-computer technology and launched a micro-computer technology, mechanical and electrical integration titration pump. The titration of marine biological pump is mainly used for home-cylinder timing, quantitative, and accurate to add marine organisms need to grow a variety of elements, such as calcium, magnesium, kh enhancing agents, trace elements and so on. Added through automation, without the need for staff to add a variety of solutions trouble, avoiding the added result of manpower caused in the course of the leakage increases, add the amount of excessive or inadequate mistakes. The titration pump can automatically calculate the average distribution of several auto-titration capacity, reduce the time to add the same element result in a large number of biological impact (up to 24 times a day can be set), and has automatic time-sharing between channels to add, eliminate all add liquid due to the same time, adding the chemical interference with each other. The pump provides a three titration titration channels (which can be easily extended to seven channels, up to 11 channels, extending models BM-T02). The titration pump uses well-known American Microchip micro-computer chip with built-in storage memory set procedures and there is power failure the clock to maintain function. Burette adopted the American Medical exclusive longevity of high-quality rubber hose, with an average service life of up to 10,000 hours, using 5 high torque motor longevity quiet motor, pump shell with automotive instrument-level high-strength self-lubricating plastic POM. Titration PC pump control panel with fully waterproof design, touch-type LCD backlit display control panel provides a simple and convenient, clear and intuitive, "man-machine dialogue" operational control.

Comes standard with a 360-degree rotating switching power converter, so that small space to provide further convenience outlet, and comes with a dedicated infusion tube, reflects the company's long-established BM "people-oriented" equipment design.

We also pump design for the titration series of accessories: Titration pump special bracket, hang-cylinder-type buret fixation, storage liquid barrels, acrylic mixed stirring rod and so on, there is a need friends can according to their actual usage, to be purchase. ** We will also introduce the recent special pump-specific elements of the supply of titration to add powder series products, the product according to the proportion of natural seawater composite of the SPS needed for growth, strontium, molybdenum, iodine, potassium and other important element in the growth of life. Can be very convenient to add the maintenance of water quality, reducing red tape, add a variety of elements of the workload.

spacey :crazy1:

wickedfish
10/22/2010, 10:41 PM
good stuff

tamn3
01/03/2011, 11:37 PM
$25 for the replacement pump: http://socaltropicalfishoutlet.com/catalog/bubble-magus-replacement-pump-p-1091.html

Thank you Cubsare1

troynel
01/28/2011, 01:14 PM
I just ran into another issue with my BMt01. It has failed me now twice on one year. Unfortunetly for me when the fisrt one got replaced I went back to the wrong retailer in china. They replaced it thinking I had bought it from them. Now that it has failed again, they won't take responsibility for it even though I got it from them. The original retailer wont take responsibility for it as well, because it isn't a unit of his. So as you can see i'm basically out 275.00. I worked well when it worked. It seem to fail every six months. And by fail I mean all pumps would not work. Something to do with the programming chip. I have the extender as well and now that useless unless I buy another BMt01.

Dyraxe
01/28/2011, 03:32 PM
I use the BM doser now for a year and works like a champ.