PDA

View Full Version : FlatWorm Problem

critofer
09/26/2010, 06:51 PM
Hey guys, I am havin an outbreak of Red Planarias. This is my first time having an out break of anything. my tank is about 2 months old. What should i do? i heard flatworm eXit is really dangerous. should i buy a 6 line wrasse?:worried:

B-Willz
09/26/2010, 06:54 PM
I have never had a problem with flatworm exit, I think the dangerous part is the toxins from the worms when they die. For that after the treetment vacuum up the dead.

critofer
09/27/2010, 12:59 PM
Okay, any1 else have any suggestions?

abrian
09/27/2010, 01:42 PM
Watch for overfeeding and add a melanurus wrasse would be my advice. I had an outbreak early on with my tank, and found the combination of the two to be very effect. Plus it is a very beautiful and active fish that is reef safe, so win/win.

critofer
09/27/2010, 02:08 PM
okay well i am feeding my fish the frozen cube of brine shrimp. the lady at the LFS said to feed them half the cube. i have a firefish, yellow watchmen goby, 2 clowns, anemone crab, emerald crab, 4 hermit crabs, 4 turbo snails and a nassaria snail. am i feeding too much? how much should i be feeding them. im just feeding them like the LFS said too

davocean
09/27/2010, 02:26 PM
All you gotta do is use FWE per instructions, no sweat.
The only thing harmful in using it is if you have alot of FW's and you just leave them in there, as in not siphoning them out when doing recommended WC THEN that could become toxic.
Doing FWE according to instructions, you should see 0 effect on your tank or animals other than FW will be gone, and if they are AEFW then your acro's will look much better.

fishnub
09/27/2010, 03:33 PM
x a million on FWE just do as it says to the letter, you will be fine.