PDA

View Full Version : water blaster/bubble blaster

Just Jim
10/01/2010, 01:00 PM
I have a reef octopus extreme 300 skimmer that needs at least one new pump. I have the sicce pumps and am tired of the problems with opening them and not starting up. I was looking at the water blaster pumps and the bubble blaster pumps and wanted to know the difference. I have the venturi pieces and pinwheels from my sicces and wanted to know what I could do to get my skimmer running trouble free(ish).

JRaquatics
10/01/2010, 01:03 PM
the water blaster is a prop style/return pump while the Bubble Blaster is a skimmer pump. You want the Bubble Blaster not the water blaster.

Just Jim
10/01/2010, 01:15 PM
the water blaster is a prop style/return pump while the Bubble Blaster is a skimmer pump. You want the Bubble Blaster not the water blaster.

I got the red wheels from you recently hoping this would solve the problems I had, but it turned out the pump is just shot. What do you recommend I replace my two sicce pumps with?

Porcupinepuffer
10/01/2010, 04:33 PM
Your easiest solution would be to buy 2 new sicce psk-2500 pumps. Perhaps you could use bubble blasters, but they may require modifications, and probably take up more space then the sicce's.