PDA

View Full Version : It's About Time I did this.

LC Scott
10/04/2010, 02:14 AM
Hi Everybody! </Dr. Nick>
A few things about me
I grew up in the PNW
My father took me ocean fishing before I could walk. (WestPort WA.)
I spent a lot of my time as a kid climbing on/in the jetties, running around the docks and beaches and doing stuff that If I caught my kids doing now I would lose whats left of my hair. .

Alright, So much for the boring stuff.
I currently have a 20 L Tank

Lighting
1 6400 K (10000 k on it's way)
1 blue antic
24 Watt

HOB canister filter using carbon
1 power head to help with the current.

Occupants.
1 False Clown(?)
1 Hawaiian Fan
1 emerald crab
1 turbo Sail
2 more sails whose names escape me right now.
1 LTA <i>Rescued</i>
1 small frag of Green Star Poly.
I think I go it all...

Wait I almost forgot the the sand bed.
1 Bag of crushed coral and 2/3rds of a bag of live sand.

FTS
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c15/fritoy911/Fish/SDC11383.jpg

I have 55 gal. tank coming soon and I'm going to use a 40b as a sump (dang Petco $1 sale.)(again)

I'm a DIY type guy so I'll be making most anything I can.

Cross posted at PNWMAS.

PaxRoma
10/04/2010, 02:23 AM
hi Scott,
the tank looks great, and very clean. Keep us updated.:bounce3:

rayn
10/04/2010, 05:08 AM
Looks good. Are you trying mainly fowlr or are you going to add more live rock yet?

lordofthereef
10/04/2010, 09:04 AM
I'll break the mold and actually ask how long the tank has been functional? It looks like it is a brand new setup. In this case, have you gone through a cycle? Seen an ammonia spike? It is always tough to ask these questions because some posters get offended. I mean not to offend anyone, just to make sure you aren't getting into something without knowing EXACTLY what you are getting into.

To me, based solely on the pic, it looks like a freshly set up tank with far too little rock work.

Palting
10/04/2010, 09:11 AM
A few suggestions.

A background for the tank will help hide the hardware, and also help block off the light from the window that may be a cause for unwanted light and algae.

If the cannister only has carbon and no biomedia, then you need more biomedia. If it's going to be mostly fish, you probably will be OK with cannister biomedia for your size tank. If you want to make a reef tank, which it seem is where you are headed with the lights you're getting, you'll need more live rock and a skimmer.