PDA

View Full Version : bubble blaster noise

badwrasse
10/07/2010, 09:31 PM
how loud should my sro xp200i pump be? I can here hum it 15ft away

kalapnath
10/08/2010, 02:27 AM
try placing it on a sponge dunno if it's in a sump or outta the sump but basically it's the noise of whatever it's placed on top of.............

t4zalews
10/08/2010, 09:29 AM
did you put the rubber feet on? my pump makes zero noise..check to make sure its standing flat...I have mine on a little egg crate riser..this might be dissipating the vibration more.

Dustin1300
10/08/2010, 09:34 AM
I would also say mine is not very loud and I have the 3000. Have you had it very long? Pumps can often be a bit louder the first few weeks as it still breaking in and does not have the oil and so forth on it.

badwrasse
10/08/2010, 03:54 PM
try placing it on a sponge dunno if it's in a sump or outta the sump but basically it's the noise of whatever it's placed on top of.............

its not whats its placed on, its the pump, I have already investigated that.

badwrasse
10/08/2010, 03:59 PM
its pefectly flat and rubber feet are on. but it is new but id dont really think that preaking a pump in is going to quiet down all that much, i mean this thing is louder that all other pumps and over flow in my tank combined. Very annoying

Dustin1300
10/08/2010, 04:04 PM
Get a dB reading of now and when it breaks in. I said same thing and it quiter than originally by a rather largemeasure. Don't ask if you already know the answer. :D

badwrasse
10/08/2010, 04:18 PM
Don't ask if you already know the answer. :DWow really is that necessary? Never did I say or act like I already knew what was going on if I did I woulnt have posted. I was only saying that its a far stretch that the pump will get that much quieter after being broke in, Meaning its a large margine, and it would have to almost get more that half as quiet as it is now for it to be acceptable.

was not calling you a lier by no means.

sneeyatch
10/08/2010, 04:39 PM
Maybe it has something to so with the skimmer body resting on the sump floor and not the pump at all?

Dustin1300
10/08/2010, 04:43 PM
I was jk;)

I did notice rather large difference with mine on a serious note. Id go ahead and give them a call and say its really loud....Let it break in and then if it does not go lower and then call them again and you will have it documented with CoralVue.

badwrasse
10/08/2010, 04:50 PM
Maybe it has something to so with the skimmer body resting on the sump floor and not the pump at all?

I thought it was the skimmer stand, so i took the skimmer and stand out of the sump an held the pump in my hand while it was running and it didnt make a difference, so I'm 100% sure its the pump I just dont know if i should be running it? is it a bad pump? Should call anybody, coralvue or the vender? I have just never had a pump this loud. Confused because I have heard nothing but good about how quiet this pump is but to me its loud as h*ll.

jim.l
10/08/2010, 07:22 PM
If it's a bubbleblaster pump it has a 3 year warranty. Call coralvue their cust svc is excellent.

badwrasse
10/21/2010, 05:26 PM
ok so they are sending me a new pump there was a wierd plastic or the inside of the pump where the impeller lives making it vibrate. i'll se if i can post some pics.

props4you
06/20/2011, 07:09 AM
badwrasse....did you ever get the BB noise fixed ? I have one and it makes a loud annoying hummmm :(

wildman926
06/20/2011, 09:13 AM
Old thread, but my comment is on this idea of "breaking in" on skimmers. My two have acted the same concerning skim and noise level since day one. Am I just lucky?

props4you
06/27/2011, 04:27 AM
I guess so......my skimmer works great..... The hum is the only thing that is annoying.
Sometimes if I move the skimmer around I can make it better but not completely gone.