PDA

View Full Version : Opinions/Advice

jgisler2006
10/07/2010, 11:55 PM
Hello, I am currently in the process of starting up my first reef tank. I am not new to the Sw hobby, yet i haven't taken the leap into the world of reef keeping. When I first started in the hobby I didn't ask the right, or enough questions. So any advice or suggestions on any products, or pretty sturdy beginner specimen would be greatly appreciated.

Has anyone had any experience with the Biocube Hqi?

Everything seems quite convenient, or is it too good to be true?

Thanks guys :):bigeyes:

GhostCon1
10/08/2010, 12:02 AM
BioCubes with the HQI are pretty nice. Hop on the Nano Forum to see some really nice ones people have done wonders with.

My choice, for any tank, is a sump, quality skimmer, and quality lights. Not to mention refractometer and ways to measure Ca, Alk, and pH. Birdsnests are pretty good beginner SPS. As well as some LPS being pretty lenient in the light department and water quality area.

Welcome to Reefcentral!

Pool Man
10/08/2010, 04:43 AM
The BioCubes are great. Very versital and fairly easy to maintain, especially for the newbie. Ditch the bio-balls and replace with small chunks of LR. Keep up with your water changes and you'll have a beautiful, up close and personal reef. The nano forum will show you the way.

jgisler2006
10/08/2010, 04:34 PM
thanks for the help guys, I remember when I first got into the hobby stuffed my face in a few books i bought and they really helped, and recommendations for books on reefkeeping?