PDA

View Full Version : Tunze Osmolator Problem - Help!

celticreefer85
10/09/2010, 01:27 PM
my tunze osmolator is not fuctioning properly. For some reason the beam/ray/sensor piece is not sending the message to the pump to activate. I looked at the sensor and saw coralline algae on it. i am thinking this is the problem. anyone else have that problem? What is the best way to get the algae off the sensor? razorblade? i am just worried about damaging it. thanks

Phyxius
10/09/2010, 01:33 PM
my tunze osmolator is not fuctioning properly. For some reason the beam/ray/sensor piece is not sending the message to the pump to activate. I looked at the sensor and saw coralline algae on it. i am thinking this is the problem. anyone else have that problem? What is the best way to get the algae off the sensor? razorblade? i am just worried about damaging it. thanks

You can clean it with a little vinegar and should do it as part of regular maintenance to keep it functioning 100%. I brush mine off with a toothbrush and 50/50 mix water and vinegar once in awhile just to keep it clean and have had no issues with it over the years
You also can post in the Tunze forum here for answers from Roger on them here
http://reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=92