PDA

View Full Version : Timing is everything!

Palting
10/09/2010, 09:38 PM
Wanted to share this with the group.

The tank put on a spectacular show tonight. Had some friends over for dinner, and they wanted to see my new "mistress" after dinner, and I was only too glad to oblige.

As soon as we came up, the first act were all the fish. They all came up to the front, dorsal fins all splayed, colors bright, showing off their best wares and antics. Then I put my fingers in with a pinch of flakes, and all the tangs came up to eat from my fingers. Then showed my friends the corals. Every single polyp was open, all the varying colors bright! They were awed by the pulsing xenia. I showed them the rock full of blastomussa. They thought the waving xenia was cute. I pointed out a rock crammed with deep blue mushrooms, and my growing purple acro. They wanted to know if the xenia always waved. Sigh.. Oh well.

I turned off the MH and left the actinics on. On cue, the cleaner and peppermint shrimps came parading out, the neon blue and the big red hermits popped out of their cubbyholes, and the two perculas nestled into the BTA. The zoas and palys were resplendantly flourescent in the actinics, then slowly started winking shut in sections, like windows closing for the night. Even the flower anemone seemd flourescent.

I turned off the actinics and turned on the moonlights. The BTA slowly closed up into a tiny ball. Then the chili and silk coral began to stand, and slowly all their polyps came out in the twinkling LED moonlight.

I mean, all these don't happen all the time, and certainly not in this sequence, but tonight was the night! Timing is everything!

rayn
10/09/2010, 09:41 PM
Sweet. If only you had video of it, that would be cool.

Palting
10/09/2010, 09:43 PM
I know! Probably will never happen again in exactly the same sequence. Maybe I can take vids and splce them to recreate it. It was so cool!

m-rass
10/10/2010, 12:29 AM
I know! Probably will never happen again in exactly the same sequence. Maybe I can take vids and splce them to recreate it. It was so cool!

LOL! so true! That would only happen for me if NO ONE was around, but me.....:hmm2: