PDA

View Full Version : Zoo Fungus?

Captain Squid
10/10/2010, 07:59 AM
Ok Ive had this white mossy bubble on one of my zoos for a while now. Stupid me ignored it and hoped it would go away with cleanup crew ( crabs, snails, and urchin )

Well it hasnt an I am concerned. Ive read some forums where people said dip in fresh water. I dont know that I am for that, Ive learned that is the equivalent to drowning your fish and corals during my battle with ick on my hippo tang who is now perfect. No dips.

So here is a pic. Can someone give me safe advice?
I do have some Myacin but I dont know that this is bacterial. Havent identified it for sure.

My tank is a new transfer. Its 180 gal and was a consolidation of my 75 and 36. The live rock and sand came from both tanks and new water was diluted with established tank water over a period of days adding bacteria and bal;ancing out the chemistry. 120lbs of new CaribSea live sand was added as well. No cycle ocurred doing it this way.

temp 78
sal gravity 1.024
cal 450
ph 8.4
alkalinity perfect
no nitrates to speak of
no nitrites.
100LB live rock, getting ready to add 70 more (cycling in basement )

So here is the infection:

TIA

My wife says get rid of the tank or she leaves. Man Im gonna miss her :lol2:

AussieUtopia
10/10/2010, 11:27 AM
If it is fungal then I was told and have been doing ever since is put the infected zoas in a small hospital tank with furan2

geoxman
10/10/2010, 07:08 PM
It looks like a sponge and you can leave it or remove it by hand..it should peel off. If not use a razor, either way it is harmless and you have no fungus