PDA

View Full Version : HM Digital FM-2 Issues

layer3switchguy
10/10/2010, 08:54 AM
Folks,

I just started using the ESV Saltwater System, and since it requires knowledge of what volume of water your using to adjust the parameters, recently purchased an HM Digital FM-2 unit with the volumizer feature. I have it connected to a 7 stage, 75gpd RO/DI system, on the effluent as it leaves the final 2 stage DI canisters and is dumped into my mixing bucket.

For the life of me, I cannot get it to count the gallons as it passes through the sensor. It works fine when connected to the water coming from my hose bib into the system, which I suspect is because of the higher water pressure. However, it doesn't seem to work when connected to measure the volume as it comes out of my RO/DI system final stage. My guess is it has something to do with water pressure, but not certain... Has anyone else used this product in a similar way and have the same issues? Any advice? I'm pretty disappointed, as I was excited about having an accurate way to measure the water flowing into my mixing container.

Cheers,
L3

bertoni
10/11/2010, 10:06 PM
Sigh, no takers? Sorry, I haven't used that product, or anything similar.

layer3switchguy
10/14/2010, 09:01 AM
No worries, thanks! :)

lj1064a
10/14/2010, 11:12 AM
I had the same problem...I called and they told me to take the battery out to "reboot" the sensor. If that doesn't work give them a call the guy was very helpful.