PDA

View Full Version : Be loyal to your pets or dont get them at all!!!!

Alysiak00
10/11/2010, 11:34 AM
Okay, before i blurt out my thoughts please excuse my little amount of anger. Yesterday i got word from a friend of mine who's boyfriend decided to be a jack*** and kick my friend and her child out of their house. long story but you get the idea. anyways, she called the landlord and asked if he could let her in to get her fish tank (65 bowfront full blown reef) before it gets ignored and set to the side. The landlord says sure no problem meet me in an hour.

She shows up at the house in shear terror. The boyfriend poured what seemed to be clorox bleach into the tank absolutely ridding any sign of life out of a gorgeous tank. She now feels like her fishy children have just been murdered and its her fault. I don't know how anyone could possibly do this. :sad1:

My point-
FOR CHRIST SAKE ANIMALS ARE STILL ALIVE!!!!! would you make your child drink bleach? i hope not. They still have feelings you know. just makes me sick thinking about what went on and how senseless this kid is. freakin moron

Enjoy
10/11/2010, 11:43 AM
Wow, thats horrible...

lordofthereef
10/11/2010, 11:46 AM
While I agree this is a horrible thing, let's face it. Posting about it here is really going to get nothing accomplished. I highly doubt anyone here was considering dumping bleach into their tank but are now having second thoughts due to this post. My point? The guy knew what he was doing was wrong. Nothing we can do can change that...

Enjoy
10/11/2010, 11:52 AM
I think Alysiak00 was just venting about a situation to others that would understand. Maybe just change the thread title.... :bigeyes:

Alysiak00
10/11/2010, 11:53 AM
i know i was just venting. I think what hurt me the most is thinking if something happened to my reef and how it would make me feel, ya know? plus what she must feel like.

update* enjoy beat me to it!

Alysiak00
10/11/2010, 11:56 AM
...Maybe just change the thread title.... :bigeyes:

got any ideas

K-ROK
10/11/2010, 12:10 PM
That dude is a douchbag and needs draino poured down his throat. So sorry to hear about this.....people can be so worthless....its sad.

Alysiak00
10/11/2010, 12:13 PM
That dude is a douchbag and needs draino poured down his throat. So sorry to hear about this.....people can be so worthless....its sad.

i agree most definitely. the poor fish and coral were killed because of an anger spike in this guy....i mean come on!

CleveYank
10/11/2010, 12:22 PM
While I do not think we need to change this into family court.
There are usually 2 sides to every story. Maybe she slept with someone? Maybe she tries to steer the ship? Maybe she does not contribute enough? Who really knows?
And as far as the drastic nature of his actions. I guess his personality puts him to vengeance on folks passively rather than tap dancing on their ribs. Which in the long term is probably a good thing if you think about how deadly "domestic disputes" can go.

And people now days appear to be more interested in their interest than the interest of others. Whether it is someone's disregard for someone's pets or disregard for another person sharing the road or disregard for the volunteer efforts of others. I mean we live in an age where folks sue another due to injuries that saved their life but came out with a complication? An alarming number of folks now days appear shallow, self-absorbed, and either clueless or could care less how their actions impact others. Life viewed without blind optimism should make that pretty clear.

Too bad. As far as the fish were concerned it would be like a nuke being dropped on your city. No idea why, but my lungs a dissolving and poof lights out. No matter what she and her child are better off. Things can go much worse in these situations no matter who's to blame.

Alysiak00
10/11/2010, 12:27 PM
While I do not think we need to change this into family court.
There are usually 2 sides to every story. Maybe she slept with someone? Maybe she tries to steer the ship? Maybe she does not contribute enough? Who really knows?
And as far as the drastic nature of his actions. I guess his personality puts him to vengence on folks passivly rather than tap dancing on their ribs. Which in the long term is probably a good thing if you think about how deadly "domestic disputes" can go.

And people now days appear to be more interested in their interest than the interest of others. Whether it is someone's disregard for someones pets or disregard for another person sharing the road or disregard for the volunteer efforts of others. I mean we live in an age where folks sue another due to injuries that saved their life but came out with a complication? An alarming number of folks now days appear shallow, self absorbed, and either clueless or could care less how their actions impact others. Life viewed without blind optimism should make that pretty clear.

Too bad. As far as the fish were concerned it would be like a nuke being dropped on your city. No idea why, but my lungs a dissolving and poof lights out. No matter what she and her child are better off. Things can go much worse in these situations no matter who's to blame.

very true and i most definitely understand. The nature of the incident was actually very ridiculous and on his part. Lets just say he's into certain mood altering drugs that led him to have an outburst...got it lol.

CleveYank
10/11/2010, 12:32 PM
very true and i most definitely understand. The nature of the incident was actually very ridiculous and on his part. Lets just say he's into certain mood altering drugs that led him to have an outburst...got it lol.

Unless YOU saw him drop it or you have a failed pee test it's all just hearsay and borderline slander. LOL:frog:

Ok this was fun I have an article to finish writing.

Alysiak00
10/11/2010, 12:35 PM
lol okay okay you win already. but it stinks regardless....hows that :frog:

aleonn
10/11/2010, 01:07 PM
How sad, but karma will bite back sooner or later.

Alysiak00
10/11/2010, 01:08 PM

I never wish bad things on people but i might make this my exception

noahm
10/11/2010, 01:26 PM
As sad as it is, it can be dealt with in small claims court. It is the same as if someone smashed your big screen tv, or cut up your clothes. Come up with a value and seek retribution. It sounds like the landlord might be a witness to the fact that it was all dead. It may even be criminal property destruction in some jurisdictions.

listen2bob
10/11/2010, 01:33 PM
What about animal cruelity charges? by definition corals and fish are animals.....something to think about. If he murdered her dog he would be in trouble. just sayin

GhostCon1
10/11/2010, 01:34 PM
Not sure, but I'm almost sure that she could aslo press charges against him for cruelty to animals.

pramberg
10/11/2010, 01:41 PM
When I make my wife mad I always worry I'll find a dog turd or something floating in the tank!

mscarpena
10/11/2010, 02:01 PM
There are a number of things that can be done. If any of them will happen who knows. I would call the local animal control person and try to press animal cruelty charges.
She can file a small claims court case to get the money back for the livestock. He is responsible to return her items in the state that was left in his hands.
She also maybe able to press some other type of criminal charges against him.

mutateddogbone
10/11/2010, 02:15 PM
i had an old roomate do something like this to me. turned my heater up to 95 and killed just about everything

tqpolo
10/11/2010, 02:48 PM
Sounds like she cheated.

tjmarty
10/11/2010, 02:56 PM

+ 1:dance:

CleveYank
10/11/2010, 03:46 PM
When I make my wife mad I always worry I'll find a dog turd or something floating in the tank!

I thought sinkers were better than floaters? Ya know healthwise that is. Not sure where I heard that.

Alysiak00
10/11/2010, 04:08 PM
Sounds like she cheated.

He was messing with some narcotics and snapped

Lynnmw1208
10/11/2010, 04:45 PM
Take pictures and tally up what was in the tank and take him to Judge Judy!! she'll rip him a new one lol.

sys578
10/11/2010, 05:15 PM
Take pictures and tally up what was in the tank and take him to Judge Judy!! she'll rip him a new one lol.

Oh wow, ya that would be a beating. And sounds like he may be dumb enough to agree to the public display.

aleonn
10/11/2010, 06:28 PM
Wow, I'd pay to watch that Judge Judy episode!

REEEFMAN
10/11/2010, 06:28 PM
Who cares if she slept with the neighborhood and the guys dad. That gives him the right to do that??? A few years ago while at the pet store I actually saw some guy hit his 7 year old son in the chest so hard he knockethe little guy 3 ft backwards. For knocking over a toy. I grabbed him by the throat, drug him outside and utterly strangled him. Got myself arrested and had to go to court, lost and paid a big fine. Would I do it again, in a heartbeat. So this guy deserves everything he gets.

Mike

brycerb
10/11/2010, 06:38 PM
Good luck with pressing charges. PETA does even recognize fish, let alone invertibates, as animals. Companies bleach and dye all kinds of fish/inverts and it is perfectly legal. How many times have you seen a fish at the LFS with I LUV U writen on it during valentines day. Only a fraction of us care. Don't mistreat your dog/cat, but if you want to buy fish, mice, rats anything, just to feed or torture go ahead. If Micheal Vick was into Tang fighting do you thing anyone would care?

brycerb
10/11/2010, 06:41 PM
Who cares if she slept with the neighborhood and the guys dad. That gives him the right to do that??? A few years ago while at the pet store I actually saw some guy hit his 7 year old son in the chest so hard he knockethe little guy 3 ft backwards. For knocking over a toy. I grabbed him by the throat, drug him outside and utterly strangled him. Got myself arrested and had to go to court, lost and paid a big fine. Would I do it again, in a heartbeat. So this guy deserves everything he gets.

Mike

Good for you.:thumbsup: Poor kid probably got the crap beat out of him when he got home though. :thumbdown

Giglamesh
10/11/2010, 06:48 PM
Good luck with pressing charges. PETA does even recognize fish, let alone invertibates, as animals. Companies bleach and dye all kinds of fish/inverts and it is perfectly legal. How many times have you seen a fish at the LFS with I LUV U writen on it during valentines day. Only a fraction of us care. Don't mistreat your dog/cat, but if you want to buy fish, mice, rats anything, just to feed or torture go ahead. If Micheal Vick was into Tang fighting do you thing anyone would care?

bs PETA wanted to change the official name of fish to sea kittens... hoping it would stop people fishing and killing them
http://features.peta.org/PETASeaKittens/about.asp

mscarpena
10/11/2010, 06:51 PM
Amen to Judge Judy. I LOVE her.

lordofthereef
10/11/2010, 06:51 PM

Mike

Why would you do it again? He took you to court and won. I am sure any lessons he learned that day were not good ones...

chefzif
10/11/2010, 07:54 PM
To much drama! What has happened we cannot change! What happened will bite him back.

Giglamesh
10/11/2010, 08:14 PM
he will go swimming and a shark will eat him

NaClH2Opgh
10/11/2010, 08:33 PM
Why would you do it again? He took you to court and won. I am sure any lessons he learned that day were not good ones...

Uh because it felt good....:lol: Who cares if the guy learned a lesson or not as long as he felt the pain that his son felt. :fun2:

Alysiak00
10/11/2010, 08:35 PM
i have to say im with mike on this one. i take things like this to heart especially in mike's case with children or woman. i appreciate everything and trust me i hope he gets his, whatever that may be

AndyH5512
10/11/2010, 10:15 PM
Being in law enforcement, I had a case a few years back where a boyfriend became enraged with his girlfriend, at her friends house. After striking her friend, he thought it smart to punch her aquarium. He broke it, causing the oscar to go to the floor and ultimately die. He knicked an artery doing so (he was a real genius), and according to the paramedics was lucky to be alive. He bled like a stuck pig in the back of my patrol car on the way to the hospital. He later went to jail. I filed battery charges, criminal mischief (breaking the aquarium) and cruelty to an animal. The state attorneys office wouldnt accept the cruelty to an animal charge. I have charged numerous people with it, and the only one that they went with was when some tough guy thought it was OK to throw a small dog against a brick wall, breaking its jaw. Ironically enough, it was his ex-girlfriend's dog.

This guy here (on this thread) must be a real tool. She will probably be better off without him. Imagine what he might try to do to her, if he feels so tough that he can destroy an aquarium. What a bag.

Alysiak00
10/11/2010, 10:29 PM
first off andy, thank you for your service its well appreciated and honored by me even if your no where close.
second, that case you were dealing with sounds horrible. that kid must have been one screwed up individual.

njdevilsfan
10/11/2010, 10:32 PM
your friend must have done something terrible to cause this guy to pour bleach in her tank
just sayin

Alysiak00
10/11/2010, 10:36 PM
He experimented with something he shouldn't have and it made him snap.

Fishamatank
10/11/2010, 10:52 PM
While I agree what has happened here is upsetting to those involved, and I would no doubt upset me if it happened to me, but some of you are absolutely ridiculous about this.

Remember, we eat fish. There is hardly a restaurant in the country that does not serve fish, shrimp, and a variety of other animals very closely related to the animals we keep in our tank. Sure, everyone gets a personal attachment to the critters in their glass box, but to compare them to children or even dogs is utterly retarded.

SaltwaterAdict
10/11/2010, 11:00 PM

Why do you even bother on RC if you're here to take sides of the guy who killed all those fish/corals? It's downright madness and a very inhumane act that needs to be brought to the courts. Some action needs to be done for him to pay the price.

That's childish to say companies bleach fish/corals..

I lost you at good luck with pressing charges lol

SaltwaterAdict
10/11/2010, 11:02 PM
While I agree what has happened here is upsetting to those involved, and I would no doubt upset me if it happened to me, but some of you are absolutely ridiculous about this.

Remember, we eat fish. There is hardly a restaurant in the country that does not serve fish, shrimp, and a variety of other animals very closely related to the animals we keep in our tank. Sure, everyone gets a personal attachment to the critters in their glass box, but to compare them to children or even dogs is utterly retarded.

Your a joke :thumbsup: Everyone has to there own views on how they appreciate things. Who are you to say??

Alysiak00
10/11/2010, 11:07 PM

i was never directly relating them to children or dogs but i don't mean to speak for everyone, but to some of us our tankmates are another addition to the family. i understand we eat fish but some parts of the world still eat humans. Should i just say its okay to eat a human like my neighbor. no but every place is different. I'm not a peta member or anything i was just deeply touched by what happened and to some of us our pets are our "children."

SaltwaterAdict
10/11/2010, 11:07 PM
alysiak, sry to hear about your friends misfortune, but posting it here is not going to do anything. The guy did a selfless act and will forever live with it. Drama should not be posted on Reef Discussion. IMO Maybe you could take it to the lounge/OT

deaddat
10/11/2010, 11:09 PM

Remember many Asians eat dogs and have been doing so for hundreds of years. Meat is meat and that is their culture. You don't see Hindu's constantly attacking people for mass slaughtering an animal they worship. A pet is a pet, meaning a person is taking that animal out of their environment and controlling every aspect of that things life, the animal no longer has control. So you to say dogs and fish are different is utterly retarded.

Daniel Reef
10/11/2010, 11:11 PM
Ibtl

SaltwaterAdict
10/11/2010, 11:12 PM
Seeing these types of things are very heartbreaking. We invest so much time, effort, and compassion. What a shame..

SaltwaterAdict
10/11/2010, 11:17 PM
To much drama! What has happened we cannot change! What happened will bite him back.

Ha that's what I said. :lol: Didn't see your comment until now. Couldn't agree more chef.

Stanley-Reefer
10/12/2010, 04:56 AM
If you're married and you have a fish tank, a nice car, a bike, etc and you or your other half "messes up" you can do what you want to with YOUR half of the property you have.

You can add things to water that wouldn't be adviseable, you can bump the car, you can sell the car, you can custom paint your car with a happy saying or accidentally drop you bike moving it.

Best advice is not to think your significant other will not retaliate where it will hurt you most if you hurt them like that.

Boyfriend--girlfriend is much different.

RokleM
10/12/2010, 06:44 AM
I think this thread has run it's course.