PDA

View Full Version : Fowlr to Nano Reef

GT-R
10/14/2010, 01:15 AM
hi

My tank is fowlr for the past 4 months and i have decided to convert it into reef(softies tank).

Tank = 24"x12"x15"
Sump= 24"x12"x15"
skimmer= jebo 180 skimmer
wave maker =(2x3000l/h)
light= 70w MH 14000K

1.i want to rescape the tank but confused with the rock work.
2.should i setup a DSB in sump or keep more lr ?
3.i am using a bigger skimmer which is rated for 180g tank and my tank is not even half of it should i change my skimmer to smaller one or use the current one ?

streak
10/14/2010, 04:02 AM
1) might want to scape the rocks to have zones like upper middle and lower you have really good lighting.. maybe some with little shade.. frome what i read and when i setup my 75 im going to make sure i have at least 2" all the way around my rock from the sides of my tank for fish, cleaning glass etc..

2) This one is your call if you have a chambered sump i would go for it.. but im not sure becuse adding a fuge might cause a cycle im not 100% sure but i think it dose.. but i have read about this Double Fuge and it seams like a really smart idea except for the aptaisa thing... and it dont use 6" of sand you basicially make egg crate platform the size of your fuge chamber and you make runners underneith it and put lr rubble in there allowing it to flow freely on top you put a plastic screen like window screen and about 2-3" of not sugar sand but sumthing that wont blow around and viola put chateo critters mangroves light... and you basically doubled your fuge area from the reading and video i saw on that subject..

3) i think skimmers are over rated for there task unless you paid maybe 1500 for it then it might actually do what it says it dose.. I bought one for my soon to be 75 reef with 55 sump its rated at 300 gallons its just a coralife knockoff we will see if thats the case then i can add 2 40 gallon breeders and it shouldnt break a sweat..

GT-R
10/14/2010, 08:13 AM
1) might want to scape the rocks to have zones like upper middle and lower you have really good lighting.. maybe some with little shade.. frome what i read and when i setup my 75 im going to make sure i have at least 2" all the way around my rock from the sides of my tank for fish, cleaning glass etc..

2) This one is your call if you have a chambered sump i would go for it.. but im not sure becuse adding a fuge might cause a cycle im not 100% sure but i think it dose.. but i have read about this Double Fuge and it seams like a really smart idea except for the aptaisa thing... and it dont use 6" of sand you basicially make egg crate platform the size of your fuge chamber and you make runners underneith it and put lr rubble in there allowing it to flow freely on top you put a plastic screen like window screen and about 2-3" of not sugar sand but sumthing that wont blow around and viola put chateo critters mangroves light... and you basically doubled your fuge area from the reading and video i saw on that subject..

3) i think skimmers are over rated for there task unless you paid maybe 1500 for it then it might actually do what it says it dose.. I bought one for my soon to be 75 reef with 55 sump its rated at 300 gallons its just a coralife knockoff we will see if thats the case then i can add 2 40 gallon breeders and it shouldnt break a sweat..

can you explain me the Double Fuge ?