PDA

View Full Version : fish that eat parasites for 55?

palmer373
10/14/2010, 03:01 PM
i went to a freinds yesterday and he had an amazing 180 SPS reef. 99% of his fish are dedicated to eating parasites on the corals and such. im getting a lot of corals from him and i want to try what hes doing with his fish.

what are some good/great fish that eat coral parasites (i.e flat forms, acro nudibranchs, red bugs, etc)? he has a dragonface pipefish, and a lot of wrasses to help with the bugs.

any ideas? i think im going to get a dragonface pipefish but i know they need copepods so i have to wait on those. i just have 7 damsels, a a baby maroon and a firefish. i think a few damsels will move to the 75.

im going to do more research but if you know of a few thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Robka
10/15/2010, 01:36 PM
i went to a freinds yesterday and he had an amazing 180 SPS reef. 99% of his fish are dedicated to eating parasites on the corals and such. im getting a lot of corals from him and i want to try what hes doing with his fish.

what are some good/great fish that eat coral parasites (i.e flat forms, acro nudibranchs, red bugs, etc)? he has a dragonface pipefish, and a lot of wrasses to help with the bugs.

any ideas? i think im going to get a dragonface pipefish but i know they need copepods so i have to wait on those. i just have 7 damsels, a a baby maroon and a firefish. i think a few damsels will move to the 75.

im going to do more research but if you know of a few thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

The Damsels & Maroon will b very aggressive (if they are not already). Not sure they would b good with a pipefish?

palmer373
10/15/2010, 03:58 PM
when the maroon grows out ill most likely move it to the 75 aggressive i currently have. im thinking about moving some (or most, might leave just the fiji blue and yellowtail in 55) damsels to the 75 as well. currently the 3 stripe sometimes chases the chromis and other damsels, the maroon doesnt bug the fish much.