PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on what to do

saltwater4life1
10/14/2010, 03:14 PM
I would like to set up a nano tank to sit across from my reef tank. I'm thinking of going with a 10gal just because i have a few sitting around but not sure what to put in it. I would like to have something entertaining and fun to watch, thinking of a mantis shrimp but what other ideas do you guys have? I though a eel or octopus would be cool but i don't think i can fit a big enough tank in my room. lol
Anyways thanks,
~Nick

Enyo
10/14/2010, 11:33 PM
Frogfish? Mangrove lagoon? Maybe a Xenia species tank!!

saltwater4life1
10/17/2010, 05:16 PM
Thanks those would be cool. Any other ideas? I though about a shroom or ric farm but i still need something fun to watch lol

NanoReefWanabe
10/17/2010, 09:20 PM
idont think i would put a mantis in a ten gallon glass tank...glass is way too thin...they are known to crack 1/2" glass tanks with a punch dont think the paper thin glass of a ten would hold up...anglers would be pretty sweet, seahorses are nice too, and cuttle fish...or a dwarf lion....and a yeah a tank of that purple/blue cespularia (sp) would be wicked sweet...

JasonBJones
10/18/2010, 08:31 AM
A shrimp goby combo are always a lot of fun and would be perfect in a small dedicated tank where you would be able to view them constantly.

a-T-m
10/18/2010, 09:22 AM
idont think i would put a mantis in a ten gallon glass tank...glass is way too thin...they are known to crack 1/2" glass tanks with a punch dont think the paper thin glass of a ten would hold up...anglers would be pretty sweet, seahorses are nice too, and cuttle fish...or a dwarf lion....and a yeah a tank of that purple/blue cespularia (sp) would be wicked sweet...

That isn't true. The species that are able to do this are to big for a 10g. And this happening is more of a myth and extreme rarity. Cuttlefish need more than 10g to swim in and are hard to keep.

A N Wennerae or G. Smithi would be perfect for a 10g. I have a mantis in a 5.5 and he is loads of fun and personality. Definitely something interesting to keep and watch. I'd suggest shroom/ric garden with a small mantis. Head to the Mantis Section and check out Roy's List for more info on species and tank accomodations.