PDA

View Full Version : Sunrise Dottyback (Pseudochromis flavivertex) compatability?

Costa reefing
10/18/2010, 01:47 PM
I have always admired the beauty of these fish but have not attempted to keep any due to the bad rep most dottybacks have. Does anyone have any experience with them in a community tank?

Symbiant
10/18/2010, 04:55 PM
I'm not 100% positive that it was a flavivertex, but I added one that went on a shrimp eating rampage.

gofor100
10/18/2010, 05:14 PM
I've got an Orchid Dottyback (which is supposed to have a similar temperament) in my 60 gallon community reef... model citizen. Course, I only have a Fairy Wrasse, a Yellow Coris Wrasse, and a Starry Blenny in there (along with two Cleaner Shrimp) in their with him... so they've established their own little territories.

seafansar
10/18/2010, 05:55 PM
My sunrise dottyback terrorized my poor mandarin and pulled him out after he killed a small radiant wrasse I tried to add. It depends on what other fish are in the tank. He left my tangs, CBB, anthias, and blood shrimp alone and the guy who got him said he's doing great in his tank and not being aggressive. I guess he was put in his place by a few of his fish. Got torn up a little, but now is very passive to the other fish who have been there for 5+ years.

Costa reefing
10/18/2010, 06:49 PM
I'm not 100% positive that it was a flavivertex, but I added one that went on a shrimp eating rampage.

do you happen to have a pic so we could id it?

I've got an Orchid Dottyback (which is supposed to have a similar temperament) in my 60 gallon community reef... model citizen. Course, I only have a Fairy Wrasse, a Yellow Coris Wrasse, and a Starry Blenny in there (along with two Cleaner Shrimp) in their with him... so they've established their own little territories.

Oh that one looks nice! it eats bristle worms too. hmm i only have a flasher wrasse, coral beauty and a pair of percs along with a peppermint shrimp in my 46g

My sunrise dottyback terrorized my poor mandarin and pulled him out after he killed a small radiant wrasse I tried to add. It depends on what other fish are in the tank. He left my tangs, CBB, anthias, and blood shrimp alone and the guy who got him said he's doing great in his tank and not being aggressive. I guess he was put in his place by a few of his fish. Got torn up a little, but now is very passive to the other fish who have been there for 5+ years.

thats what i was afraid of. Although the wrasse is understandable, this last fish im deciding on would be the last in the tank