PDA

View Full Version : Thin Goby

cynot
10/18/2010, 07:28 PM
I have a Diamond Goby that I added to my tank about a year ago. He is very active digging tunnels and building bunkers to hide-out in. Lately he has been looking a little thin. My son said he looks broken. His body is very thin behind his head and crooked. Anybody ever seen this? This is the best pic I could get. He's fast and camera shy.

jgisler2006
10/18/2010, 08:56 PM
This SAME EXACT THING happened to me a few weeks ago and my goby passed away. He first became lethargic and would stay in his burrow, then I noticed he was soo thin he wouldnt eat anything! then he passed. I think this was due to my mixed substrate.

My guess is they get chocked up on crushed coral or other substrate.

cynot
10/19/2010, 08:23 AM
I feed a mixture of mysis and brine shrimp once a day and I even mix in some flake food and sinking pellets. He's eating fine and stays busy chomping sand and swimming all over the place. I'm just concerned about his body looking like he's stopped up or pregnant. I've never seen this.

DZs
10/19/2010, 04:43 PM
What do you mean stopped up or pregnant? Looks to me that your Diamond is starving. Sucked up almost all the way back on it's little body. Sure they sift through the sand, looks as if he's working without getting much food.

Mine is a busy bee all day long too, but I still spot feed her once/twice a day, she eats everything that's given to her and still looks around for more food. A full belly is a happy fat fish. LOL

cynot
10/19/2010, 07:50 PM
Thanks DZs. Don't know why I thout he was stopped up. Like I said, never seen that before. I've been doubling up my feeding and he"s eating it up let you know in a couple of days.