PDA

View Full Version : RO/DI help pls.

mrvicz
10/21/2010, 12:19 PM
Im in need of help guys. Im buying RO water from a water refilling station nearby, costs only about $0.14/gal delivered to my doorsteps. So I decided I would run the bought RO water to a two stage MaxCap DI with a MaxiJet 1200 feeding it. Am I doing it correctly or does the MaxiJet lack enough pressure to drive the water through the DI resins to make 0 TDS water?

Pre DI water is 4~6 TDS ... after the DI, the water is 1 TDS. Also, the first stage canister is always only 1" filled with water when the system is running.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

unclejed2
10/21/2010, 12:23 PM
Im in need of help guys. Im buying RO water from a water refilling station nearby, costs only about $0.14/gal delivered to my doorsteps. So I decided I would run the bought RO water to a two stage MaxCap DI with a MaxiJet 1200 feeding it. Am I doing it correctly or does the MaxiJet lack enough pressure to drive the water through the DI resins to make 0 TDS water?

Pre DI water is 4~6 TDS ... after the DI, the water is 1 TDS. Also, the first stage canister is always only 1" filled with water when the system is running.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

You would a pressure guage between the 1200 and DI and see how it compares to the pressure required to go through the DI.

Uncle Salty 05
10/21/2010, 03:20 PM
It sounds like your first stage filter cartridge is air locked.
Loosen the housing a little bit until it fills up. As soon as water starts to leak tighten it back up and you should be good.
If you get both cartridges filtering properly I bet your TDS will be zero.
As to whether or not an MJ 1200 will work over the long term I kinda doubt it, but it might?

mrvicz
10/21/2010, 07:41 PM
You would a pressure guage between the 1200 and DI and see how it compares to the pressure required to go through the DI.

thank you for the suggestion, can you please tell me what the required pressure going through the DI is?

TIA

It sounds like your first stage filter cartridge is air locked.
Loosen the housing a little bit until it fills up. As soon as water starts to leak tighten it back up and you should be good.
If you get both cartridges filtering properly I bet your TDS will be zero.
As to whether or not an MJ 1200 will work over the long term I kinda doubt it, but it might?

wow it works, thanks :) what would you recommend for the pump? thanks in advance :)

Uncle Salty 05
10/22/2010, 06:49 AM
thank you for the suggestion, can you please tell me what the required pressure going through the DI is?

TIA

wow it works, thanks :) what would you recommend for the pump? thanks in advance :)

You want low flow through your DI media, if is producing 2 cups per minute that is all the flow you need. You just want a constant stream. There is no required pressure for a DI cartridge. For RO you need at least 50 PSI.
If your MJ1200 is getting the job done then stick with it. No need to spend money "If it ain't broke".

mrvicz
10/22/2010, 10:09 AM
thank you very much for the very helpful info. i will checkout how much water im actually getting tomorrow. i just hope my MJ1200 would keep working good. :thumbsup:

vic

Uncle Salty 05
10/22/2010, 10:21 AM
Glad to help.
That is why I love this forum.:wave: