PDA

View Full Version : 3 smaller wrasses in same tank?

jonathansruelas
10/21/2010, 10:35 PM
my tank is 55 gallons and have plenty of hiding places, i plan to keep to soft corals . i would like to have a redhead fairy wrasse, golden wrasse and a sixline wrasse. does anyone have experience with them together? if i cant do them together i wont risk it. thats y im trying to see if i can them all together.. i have a green chromis , fire shrimp, hermits and snails. would the wrasses eat my shrimp?:worried:
thanks for the help

Jacob D
10/21/2010, 11:24 PM
It would be helpful if you can learn and use the latin names of the fish. Common names can mean different things to different people and are really useless for getting/giving advice. If you can come up with the latin names of the 3 fish in question you'll probably get some good advice.

The only thing I can offer from what you've posted is that six line wrasses (Pseudocheilinus hexataenia) don't usually get along with most other wrasses. Many of the fairy wrasses (Cirrhilabrus species) are fairly peaceful but some such as C. solorensis (which might be your redhead wrasse?) can be aggressive.

jonathansruelas
10/22/2010, 03:32 PM
ok i got the latin names.. i read the cirrhilabrus solorensis needs more than 75 gallons so im not going to get one so it'lll just be the halichoeres chrysurus and the pseudocheilinus hexataenia... any experience with these together in a 55 gallon tank?

iamwrasseman
10/22/2010, 07:23 PM
the six line should be left off the list and also beware of the solorensis as they get territorial when they get older . i have heard that some have worked out fine but i have personally had two of them and they both turned out to be little devils . i had to remove them and sell them to my lfs as they just weren't friendly to my other fish .

jonathansruelas
10/28/2010, 05:34 PM
so what kind of wrasse would you recomend to have in a 55 gallon, im planning fowlr system. currently have a flame angel, green chromis and a fire shrimp

iamwrasseman
10/28/2010, 06:37 PM
myself i like the leopards and there are many different ones to pick from . also the tamrin wrasses are very cool and very community oriented .so heres my choices ~
1~splendid leopars wrasse male
2~potters leopard wrasse
3~yellow tail tamrin wrasse
or for another
1~lineatus fairy wrasse
2~ruby head fairy wrasse
3~finespot fairy wrasse
i left my favorite fairy wrasse off because of the price and thats a rhombloid fairy wrasse

Jacob D
10/28/2010, 07:38 PM
Flasher wrasses (Paracheilinus sp) are a good choice for a small tank, and relatively easy to care for.

jonathansruelas
10/29/2010, 04:49 PM
Flasher wrasses (Paracheilinus sp) are a good choice for a small tank, and relatively easy to care for.

i did some research on the flasher wrasses they seem really good but i've never seen any in my lfs.. ill ask them to order me a trio.. are they pricy?

Lynnmw1208
10/29/2010, 10:19 PM
I agree with the flasher wrasse idea. Here is a link so some of the different ones you can get. some are more expensive than others. http://aquarium-fish.liveaquaria.com/search?p=Q&lbc=liveaquaria&uid=548317952&ts=custom&w=flasher%20wrasse&af=cat1:marinefish&isort=score&method=and&ts=results
(disregard the angelfish on the bottom, don't know why that showed up under the search lol)

jonathansruelas
11/04/2010, 03:35 PM
I agree with the flasher wrasse idea. Here is a link so some of the different ones you can get. some are more expensive than others. http://aquarium-fish.liveaquaria.com/search?p=Q&lbc=liveaquaria&uid=548317952&ts=custom&w=flasher%20wrasse&af=cat1:marinefish&isort=score&method=and&ts=results
(disregard the angelfish on the bottom, don't know why that showed up under the search lol)

thanks this link was very useful. can i add the flashers with the more aggressive sixline wrasse?