PDA

View Full Version : Sump screw up... Help.

sn4265
10/22/2010, 08:10 PM
I violated the first rule of salt water, that being that nothing good ever happens fast. I was feeling pretty good about myself in getting the divider panes installed into the 40B aquarium. About 2 hours or so after I got all the panes in place I went back out to check on it and all of the panes felt pretty solid. So me, in my infinite ignorance laid the sump back down and removed the spacers. Several minutes later I noticed that the center pane in the bubble trap had slid down to the bottom. DOH!!!

Now, how do I recover from my own stupidity? I pulled the middle pane all the way out now so as to not cause any more problems. Is there a way that I can re-install this pane without having to cut loose one of the other two? Thanks in advance for any advice.

About the only good thing about this screw up is that it's not going to cost me an animals. Right now I'm just wishing that I had not even gone back out to the garage. :(

LaOtIn
10/22/2010, 08:22 PM
so if im understanding your center pane of your bubble trap let loose? I would take out one of the other panes then redo the center pane and redo the last pane. scrape clean the silicone (make sure you dont cut into the tank silicone from the manufactor) then prep the surface with rubbing alcohol, let dry for a few mins then re-beed the pane into place. then let it set for 24 hours!!! haha

easy fix, honest mess up, its all good :)

uncleof6
10/22/2010, 08:45 PM
24 hours for light handling, few days is safer. About a week or so before it is ready for water.

nd31male
10/22/2010, 11:41 PM
Hmm ive always added water the next day with no issues. But im impatient

uncleof6
10/23/2010, 04:10 AM
Takes a week or more for silicone to reach full strength, filling with water sooner is taking a risk. Patience is key to this game. Risk is not.