PDA

View Full Version : tunze nano wave box or a pc4 with 2 k evo 1400's

noobtothereef
10/25/2010, 10:45 PM
Im thinking if getting a tunze nano wave box for my 120, will this box make a nice sway in my tank? I was going to get another pc4 for my reefkeeper so i can control 2 koralia evo 1400's to make a wave but heard they are junk, will this wavebox work? And will the magnet work for a 1/2" thick tank?

au01st
10/26/2010, 07:58 AM
You won't get a standing wave with two evos like you will with the wavebox. I ran one in my 90 and got a nice wave, almost 1"! I'm going to a 120 rimless and the wavebox is no bueno for rimless tanks, so I sold it. I loved my wavebox, and it should be fine on a 1/2" tank.

noobtothereef
10/26/2010, 08:12 AM
I watched a few videos of the nana box on a 6' 120 and was making a descent wave, I would think it would make a better wave on a 4' 120 from the less surface area and not such a long distance for the wave to travel. I might add the koralia evo's in the future as well. Would. 3500 gph from my closed loop, about 1500 gph from return pump(run a dart for return, I know its a lot of flow but designed the sump so deritus doesn't build up), the nano box and 2 koralia evo's at 1400 gph be too much? That would be 6-7000 gph plus the movement from the wavebox, plus I'm adding those flow accelerators things on my 6 locline outlets. That would put me at about 70x turnover

sirreal63
10/26/2010, 09:07 AM
1500 gph from return pump(run a dart for return, I know its a lot of flow but designed the sump so deritus doesn't build up),

If you don't want detrius to settle in the sump where it can easily be removed, where do you want it to settle and where do you think it will settle? It will not stay suspended in the water column indefinitely and it will find a low flow area or dead spot to settle, and probably in an area you will not be able to get to easily in the display.

Aside from that, your plan looks to be very well thought out and a good one. I would use the wavebox as well but would plan on lower flow through the sump.

noobtothereef
10/26/2010, 07:23 PM
If you don't want detrius to settle in the sump where it can easily be removed, where do you want it to settle and where do you think it will settle? It will not stay suspended in the water column indefinitely and it will find a low flow area or dead spot to settle, and probably in an area you will not be able to get to easily in the display.

Aside from that, your plan looks to be very well thought out and a good one. I would use the wavebox as well but would plan on lower flow through the sump.

the deritus settles in the fuge that i turned into a barebottom chamber with raised live rock growing anthalia and xenia, very easy to remove the deritus, flow through the fuge is only about 3-400gph, but i do have a powerhead to add circulation for the anthalia which is only about 300gph, fuge is about 38 gallons