PDA

View Full Version : Red Bugs!

AC-WEB
10/27/2010, 08:43 AM
I have noticed that I have redbugs on a frag of acro that I have. It is the only acro i have in the tank. I have other sps like tricolored validia, monti caps, a milli, and a couple of birdsnest. I really do not want to nuke my tank with interceptor and was looking at other options. I just bought a bottle of ReVive and plan to dip that acro frag in it and put it in a floating acclimation box for a while.

Here are my questions:

Should i dip my other sps even though it does not look they have redbugs on them?

Will the redbugs starve if they down't have this acro frag to much on. If so, how long should I keep the acro frag away from them?

Is there anything else you would recommend me doing?

GhostCon1
10/27/2010, 08:48 AM
I really do not want to nuke my tank with interceptor and was looking at other options.

If you do that, you'd lose all of your inverts and pods.

I think it's safe to say that if one acro has red bugs, chances are the others more than likely do as well.

Not sure about them starving.

ice2fire11
10/27/2010, 03:02 PM
if you keep the acros out of the tank and dip them 2 or 3 weekly would be the only other option IMO. you might get the bugs off the first time but their eggs will hatch and youll be right back at the beginning.

i know its a pita and a bit scary but interceptor in the whole tank is the way to go.just start collecting things it will kill.

buy_baff
10/27/2010, 04:22 PM
I have noticed that I have redbugs on a frag of acro that I have. It is the only acro i have in the tank. I have other sps like tricolored validia, monti caps, a milli, and a couple of birdsnest. I really do not want to nuke my tank with interceptor and was looking at other options. I just bought a bottle of ReVive and plan to dip that acro frag in it and put it in a floating acclimation box for a while.

Here are my questions:

Should i dip my other sps even though it does not look they have redbugs on them?

Will the redbugs starve if they down't have this acro frag to much on. If so, how long should I keep the acro frag away from them?

Is there anything else you would recommend me doing?

Tri color and millis are acroporas to. Just dose the intercepter it's not a big deal at all. It dosen't hurt the corals at all and not all of your pods, crabs, shrimp will die some will live. I was hesatent to dose at first to but after talking to a few people I trust they talked me into it. And it was no big deal at all.

AC-WEB
10/27/2010, 07:21 PM
Tri color and millis are acroporas to. Just dose the intercepter it's not a big deal at all. It dosen't hurt the corals at all and not all of your pods, crabs, shrimp will die some will live. I was hesatent to dose at first to but after talking to a few people I trust they talked me into it. And it was no big deal at all.

I'll try my plan first, with the Revive. if that does not work, i might go the interceptor route.

buy_baff
10/27/2010, 07:29 PM
Dip the tricolor and the milli to they are acros.

AC-WEB
10/27/2010, 08:18 PM
Dip the tricolor and the milli to they are acros.

I will do. I'm just starting with sps and are all still frags on their plugs and not colonies. It will be easy to pull out and dip all of them. I will probably dip a few times during the course of the next few weeks.

AC-WEB
10/27/2010, 08:19 PM
I will do. I'm just starting with sps and are all still frags on their plugs and not colonies. It will be easy to pull out and dip all of them. I will probably dip a few times during the course of the next few weeks.

One other questions, can redbugs swim? If i put my acros in the floating acclimation box, will they be safe from redbugs swimming up to them?

TheCoralFarmer
10/27/2010, 08:59 PM
Nuke the tank with interceptor just remove the hermits and the crabs first. This is the best way to ensure u get rid of them.