PDA

View Full Version : New Tank-CAD

AGM1
10/29/2010, 03:36 PM
Hello,

Im thinking of starting a new tank. Its going to be a 50 gallon CAD artisan, and I was thinking of using a 20 gallon long sump (and of course the stand then want be a perfect cube). Sump will have filter sock-> skimmer-> fuge. Live stock is going to be fish and coral.

1 Occelaris Clown
1 Royal Gramma
1 Firefish
1 Neon Goby
1 Leopard Wrasse.

I was thinking of adding the leopard about 1.5-2 years after the tank is set up. Is it possbile to keep one in a tank this small?

As for coral, I was thinking mostly lps and soft, and a couple of sps.
For lighting, I was going to go with Aqua Illumination 12" 1 or an ATI 6x24 sunpower.

Any feedback on this setup would be great.

Reefobsession
10/29/2010, 03:43 PM
Sounds like a good plan. You can certainly keep a blue star leopard wrasse in there if the wrasse is eaing prepared food. I was lucky to have one that was eating prepared foods and she did very well, unill my RO unit malfunctioned and brought my salinity down during Christmas when I was gone. I lost ervything. I am always looking for anther blue star leopard wrasse that easts prepared foods. It will take me a while to find one again. But it is one of those fish that if I see one that has been in the shop for a couple weeks and is eating well, I will pick it up. They only get to about 4 to 5 inches max.

AGM1
10/29/2010, 04:07 PM
The coral I wanted to keep would be frogspawn, rics, zoanthids, acans, and maybe some acros or montis. Would either of the two light fixtures be enough?

Reefobsession
10/29/2010, 04:10 PM
Yes plenttly of light. I would highly reccomend the AI SOl Blue LED fixture. It is plennty of light for your tank. The controlability is umbelieveable. I am going to go LED eventually for my 93 cube. But it will be a year or so.