PDA

View Full Version : Fuge in a Red Sea Max 250?

drcarr
10/29/2010, 09:21 PM
Anyone setup a fuge in a RSM 250 in one of the back chambers?

I have a mandarin dragonette that came with the tank and he's starting to thin a bit. I'd love to keep him going with a fuge/pod farm in the back chamber.
Do I just fill with LR rubble and pour in a bottle of TigerPods? Anything else need to be done?

Also, I keep 2 media bags in the chamber with GFO and Carbon. Would this have any affect on the fuge, assuming the bags sit on top of the LR rubble?

Thanks in advance guys...

wrott
10/29/2010, 11:20 PM
A fuge in the back of tank like that is probably not going to help anything, sorry to say.
I would add as much LR and a few clumps of Cheato and LR rubble around the tank, also add several doses of live pods to help ASAP. If the mandarin is looking thin, then it is on the way out--once it gets too thin it will stop eating and die w/in the following weeks.

drcarr
10/30/2010, 06:13 AM
i have about 100lbs of LR in the tank now but could add another 20lbs i guess.

why would the LR and pod fuge in the back of the tanks empty chamber not work?
thanks...

scubasteve06
10/30/2010, 07:21 AM
I'd go ahead and do it, because it can't hurt anything. Whats the flow like back in the chamber. I am unfamilar with your system.

wrott
10/30/2010, 09:27 AM
I am assuming that it is a very small area w/ no lighting. I do the "fuge in tank" on my 65g w/ a single mandarin and clown/anem tank(cheato balls and lots of LR+dosing phyto).
Like scubasteve06 said, it couldn't hurt to give it a try, that was just my opinion.