PDA

View Full Version : Asm g4 ?

Captain Squid
10/30/2010, 07:58 PM
Today I was at ThatFishPlace in lancaster PA to get a new set of lights.

They had an ASM G4 on clearance for 165.00! Now I see it on sale other places for 450 so I could NOT pass it up. I have a D&D skimmer which works, but for another 65 I can have an ASM....so my impulse got the best of me ;)

So setup seemed pretty easy, in face I guess they assume that we are not ALL idiots :wavehand: and they dont include instructions for proper adjustment other than intial startup bringing overflow tube level with bottom of cup.

So after that I adjusted it to where the foam was breaking at the low end of the cup.

Ive got micro bubbles. There is a foam sleeve over the output tube, Ive got the water falling down that, but still getting a lot of bubbles.

Anyone with experience with this skimmer I would appreciate any insight. Nothing skimming yet after 4 hours. I know it USUALLY takes a couple days but Ive read people in the past saying thier ASM started skimming within a couple hours, but who knows how dirty their tanks are lol

TIA

detroit_fan
10/30/2010, 08:46 PM
Look up the gate valve mod for asm skimmers, that will help you with this skimmer

celano
10/30/2010, 09:40 PM
Nice score man. Give it some time to break in and it should be churning out the gunk in no time.

Arthur1
10/30/2010, 09:53 PM
Recirc mod it at the least...trust me lol

fishoutawater
10/30/2010, 11:30 PM
How deep is the water it is in? The deeper the water, the more micros you will get. Usually anywhere from 8-10 inches is best.