PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy reef safe magnets ??

twintrades
10/30/2010, 10:44 PM
Im planing on makeing some Ledges for on my tank walls. They are going to be held on with magnets.

So where can i get some reef safe magnets ? Would any Epoxy coated mag work ??

zachfishman
10/30/2010, 11:29 PM
Reef Wholesale (http://reefwholesale.com/) appears to have/distribute "thumb crusher" reef magnets, which appear to be reef safe. It doesn't look like they sell from their site, but maybe you could find a site that does.

SoLiD
02/10/2011, 07:17 AM
I've been thinking about using the Neodymium magnets inside of all these old hard drives I have laying around. What about putting the magnet inside heat shrink tubing along with some 30 minute curing epoxy; then taking a heat gun to it so the heat shrink tubing would push out all the excess resin as it shrinks around the magnet??? Would do you think? Would that work?

t4zalews
02/10/2011, 08:17 AM
Bulk reef supply sells reef safe magnets. They are strong too

hpi_jeep
02/10/2011, 09:08 AM
I've been thinking about using the Neodymium magnets inside of all these old hard drives I have laying around. What about putting the magnet inside heat shrink tubing along with some 30 minute curing epoxy; then taking a heat gun to it so the heat shrink tubing would push out all the excess resin as it shrinks around the magnet??? Would do you think? Would that work?

you have my attention